Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who are the 2013 World Series Champions? (post in how many games)

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 300 Posts

·
51,478 Posts
Re: 2013 WORLD SERIES: St. Louis Cardinals (2) vs. Boston Red Sox (1)

@ProfBlackistone
"OBSTRUCTION is...fielder who, while not in possession of...ball and not in...act of fielding the ball, impedes...progress of any runner."

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

MLB Rulebook:

Rule 7.09: when a runner fails to avoid a fielder who is attempting to field a batted ball, the runner is out and the ball is dead.

Drink bleach Jim Joyce.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

Rule 7.09

(j) He fails to avoid a fielder who is attempting to field a batted ball, or intentionally
interferes with a thrown ball, provided that if two or more fielders attempt to field a
batted ball, and the runner comes in contact with one or more of them, the umpire
shall determine which fielder is entitled to the benefit of this rule, and shall not
declare the runner out for coming in contact with a fielder other than the one the
umpire determines to be entitled to field such a ball

----

You can't prove intent by Craig, but you sure as hell can't prove it by Middlebrooks. Fielders have the right of way.

Jim Joyce is a pathetic cluck who doesn't know the rules and deserves to have batteries chucked at him next time he's at Fenway.

And thanks to Salty for putting us in this position in the first place with that dumbass half-cocked lob to third. If he ****ing starts another game in a Red Sox uniform I'm protesting. He's been beyond useless the overwhelming majority of the time, but here he literally tanked it.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

lol how was that a bad call? Are we just not gonna enforce the rules anymore? Remember when ARod try to punch the ball out of Ortiz glove we gonna start allowing that? It shitty the game had to end that way but it was 100% the right call and everyone here and both set of fans knows it was...It was just a shitty way to end the game

Also Salt shouldnt have made that throw in the first place

·
Banned
15,209 Posts

Have more of a problem with the stupid ****ing rule than I do with the call. Same shit happened to my AAU team when I think I was 16, but it wasn't to end the game and it wasn't for the World Series. Stupid rule

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts

MLB Rulebook:

Rule 7.09: when a runner fails to avoid a fielder who is attempting to field a batted ball, the runner is out and the ball is dead.

Drink bleach Jim Joyce.
Once the throw got past Middlebrooks, he's no longer attempting to field it.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

A thrown ball is not a batted ball. Runners only have to avoid defensive players if the ball hasn't been touched yet. If a throw leads a defensive player into a runner, that's obstruction. I thought it was a great, gutsy call. Bottom line is, without the trip, the runner is safe at home.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

Once the throw got past Middlebrooks, he's no longer attempting to field it.
So what's he supposed to do when his fielding attempt failed, teleport himself back upright and behind the bag?

It's a no-call on the interference.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

How about bringing koji in with one out in that inning? Why let Workman face Beast Rosenthal with Napoli on the bench???
Because Farrell has shit for brains.

I'm not gonna lobby for him to be fired over this, because by far a manager's greatest contribution is behind the scenes, managing the team off the field and ensuring their best performance on it. Farrell has done that very well (Valentine popped off recently about how he could have led this team here too, but we all know that's bullshit), but his in-game tactics are ridiculous.

Neither Drew or Salty should play tonight. Salty should be benched for the series, Drew just for tonight because our other option, Middlebrooks, is almost equally worthless.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

No, it's not. He has to get out of the way of the runner. If he can't, that's his problem.
No, fielders have the right of way. Middlebrooks wasn't even in the ****ing basepath. It's Craig's responsibility to avoid him.

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts

Not once the ball gets by the fielder. The fielder loses right of way when he's no longer part of the play. Middlebrooks is obstructing the runner if any contact is made when he is not making a play on the ball. Since the ball went down the line, he was not making a play on it.

There is no reason for Salty to throw that ball, period.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

Middlebrooks wasn't in the base path. It was Craig's responsibility to avoid him. And he could have. For ****'s sake he was already falling down before he even made that out-of-basepath contact with Middlebrooks.

So because our half-retarded catcher slings an idiotic throw to third and it gets away, THAT justifies any idiotic, series-deciding blown call that happens afterwards as our own fault? Get the hell out of here.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

Middlebrooks wasn't in the base path. It was Craig's responsibility to avoid him. And he could have. For ****'s sake he was already falling down before he even made that out-of-basepath contact with Middlebrooks.
Ya you right and all of the umpires + people that work in baseball where wrong. Lets fire all of them and hire you because your right and all of them people that have been doing this for 20+ years and went by the rule in the rule book where wrong....

Move on to the next game

121 - 140 of 300 Posts