Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who are the 2013 World Series Champions? (post in how many games)

• Total voters
161 - 180 of 300 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts
Re: 2013 WORLD SERIES: St. Louis Cardinals (2) vs. Boston Red Sox (1)

The Fisk play was called wrong in '75.

Middlebrooks was on the ground first, and Craig tripped over him. Therefore the play was called correctly. I know in college, we were taught that if we were in a rundown, you were supposed to try to hit an infielder at all costs.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts

The Fisk play was called wrong in '75.

Middlebrooks was on the ground first, and Craig tripped over him.
You left out the part where Craig grabbed Middlebrooks while WMB was prone so that he could use Middlebrooks to pull himself to his feet. And I would have more sympathy if the spatially challenged Joyce hadn't claimed in the post game that the call was right because Craig was "right on the chalk". He was 2-3 feet away from the line.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts

You left out the part where Craig grabbed Middlebrooks while WMB was prone so that he could use Middlebrooks to pull himself to his feet. And I would have more sympathy if the spatially challenged Joyce hadn't claimed in the post game that the call was right because Craig was "right on the chalk". He was 2-3 feet away from the line.
It was the right call, Farrell said so himself, and the base path is within 3 feet of the line

·
Banned
15,209 Posts

every analyst on baseball tonight also said the call was correct, the only people I've heard dispute the call is you and Floods

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts

Bucholtz is throwing puss today
He's slinging more junk than Fred Sanford. That arm is clearly dead. Luckily for him he's not a power pitcher and can get by with the junk.

He's another guy the Red Sox need to cut ties with. He's a legit ace for 12-15 games a year and that's it.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts

It was the right call, Farrell said so himself, and the base path is within 3 feet of the line
Three feet from the line is not "right on the chalk". Put another way, Joyce already admitted that he actually didn't see the play properly, which is par for the course for him.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

every analyst on baseball tonight also said the call was correct, the only people I've heard dispute the call is you and Floods
More ad populum bullshit? Yeah, real convincing stuff bro.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts

Just saying you are the only 2 that I see disputing it. Same thing with on Espn forums everyone says it's a shit way to end the game but it was the right call. But w/e i'm not arguing you guys aren't changing your minds

161 - 180 of 300 Posts