Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's going to be a very busy offseason for Larry Bird and company.

Personally, I want to see Lance back in a Pacers uniform next season. He can be frustrating as hell, but he is too talented to just let walk away for nothing. After resigning him, I think finding some sort of way to improve at the point guard position is the next biggest priority. I love George Hill but I do not think he is the answer. Also gotta find a way to improve the bench. I thought we had it figured out finally, but clearly we are still far from a good bench.

What do you guys want to see this offseason?

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
If Houston was looking to dump Asik, how much in addition to him would you have to get to trade Hibbert? Would Indy even look at that? Admittedly, I'm looking at potential three-way trades (Houston obviously has no use for Roy) that land Hibbert in Boston to be their rim protector, so the C's assets are what I'm looking at (something like Asik and some other pieces to Indy, Hibbert to Boston, and Keith Bogans' salary-dump contract and a pick to Hosuton).

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If Houston was looking to dump Asik, how much in addition to him would you have to get to trade Hibbert? Would Indy even look at that? Admittedly, I'm looking at potential three-way trades (Houston obviously has no use for Roy) that land Hibbert in Boston to be their rim protector, so the C's assets are what I'm looking at (something like Asik and some other pieces to Indy, Hibbert to Boston, and Keith Bogans' salary-dump contract and a pick to Hosuton).
I don't know. I mean Indiana as a whole has to change their game plan if we move Hibbert. Unless its somehow getting a much better player back, I don't see the point of moving away from Roy yet. Although another year of up and down consistency from him may change my mind.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
As far as Lance, I want him gone. He doesn't like the guys he plays with, and they clearly don't like him. And who knows what Lance's drive is going to be like after he's been paid?

Ideally I'd like to see him gone, and Turner re-signed hopefully on a cheap 1-2 year deal. After that somehow lure in a quality pass first starting point guard and run the offense through him. Try Turner out as the starting SG and have Hill as the combo guard off the bench. If Turner keeps looking like one of the worst players in the world, move him to the bench and start Hill at the 2.

We have to do something. Hell, if Stephenson stays I may want Hibbert gone. Something needs to change with the makeup of this team. These's clearly a rift in this team that needs to be addressed. This isn't a Kobe/Shaq type situation where you can just count on the talent winning out.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im sure Larry would be open to trading Roy, but I doubt theres a trade out there worth doing. I don't want to get rid of Roy just for nothing, that doesn't accomplish anything.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Im sure Larry would be open to trading Roy, but I doubt theres a trade out there worth doing. I don't want to get rid of Roy just for nothing, that doesn't accomplish anything.
Well, that's why I was thinking Asik plus another piece or two. Omer gives you a productive defensive center to replace Hibbert (he doesn't protect the rim as well, but he's a much better rebounder and the scoring is a push) while you could conceivably pick up a draft pick and/or another useful player on top of it.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
if the knicks lose carmelo
they should trade tyson for hibbert.

hibbert needs touches to be happy but he doesn't produce well enough to warrant the ball as much as he wants on the pacers.

tyson doesnt need the ball much he just wants to win

they both defend the rim well chandler is more mobile, hibbert is more of a post up option on a team that will need it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
if the knicks lose carmelo
they should trade tyson for hibbert.

hibbert needs touches to be happy but he doesn't produce well enough to warrant the ball as much as he wants on the pacers.

tyson doesnt need the ball much he just wants to win

they both defend the rim well chandler is more mobile, hibbert is more of a post up option on a team that will need it.
Chandler is much older and is injury prone though. I'd never do that trade as a Pacers fan.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Chandler is much older and is injury prone though. I'd never do that trade as a Pacers fan.
chandler is 31 its not like he's ancient hibbert is 27 , he's also the better player and a better fit
for a team that is not too far from winning a title it would be a move in the right direction

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
chandler is 31 its not like he's ancient hibbert is 27 , he's also the better player and a better fit
for a team that is not too far from winning a title it would be a move in the right direction
Meh, I don't know if I'd call him better. More consistent, sure. Better? I don't see it at this point.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently George Hill has been a gym rat since the end of the season. That's great to hear because we need him to improve if we are ever going to be elite.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

·
King George
11,475 Posts
Apparently George Hill has been a gym rat since the end of the season. That's great to hear because we need him to improve if we are ever going to be elite.
I hope that practicing free throws is at the top of his list.

Also heard that Paul George is seeking sole custody of his kid. Good move if that's true and works out.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
The Pacers produced a movie about Lance Stephenson and rented out a theatre today to present it to him. Interesting guys, interesting.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you guys like the Damjan Rudez signing? Any of you get a chance to watch some videos of him? Personally, I like it and think he could be a valuable player for us off the bench. Our bench desperately needs some guys that can make plays and from what I've seen on Damjan, he looks like he fits the bill.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
How do you guys like the Damjan Rudez signing? Any of you get a chance to watch some videos of him? Personally, I like it and think he could be a valuable player for us off the bench. Our bench desperately needs some guys that can make plays and from what I've seen on Damjan, he looks like he fits the bill.
Shouldn't be any better or worse than Chris Copeland. Unfortunately, we still have Chris Copeland. But I do like the CJ Miles signing. I think he could be perfect in our starting lineup as a guy who can hit open shots and won't demand the ball. That means we still need someone creative off the bench if Lance bolts, though.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts