Toledo - Jason Campbell
Tulane
USC - Clay Helton
Virginia - Bronco Mendenhall
Virginia Tech - Justin Fuente

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Bill Cubits extension at Illinois is hilarious. They should've done whatever they could to get a guy like PJ Fleck. Fleck is a nut, but he's energetic and would at least give that program some life.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So many big jobs open this year though.
Yeah, but it'll be SO underwhelming when USC/Georgia/Miami gives us Helton, Kirby and Butch. No Chip Kelly. I want drama. Someone needs to hire Lane Kiffin soon

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Maryland is all over Mark Richt

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott Frost to UCF. Good news for Nebraska. He'll be ready for a promotion, if he succeeds, when the post-Riley era begins.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Bronco Mendenhall to Virginia. Good for the ACC
Been waiting for him to get one of these jobs. He applied for the Wisconsin job when Andersen left.

I still think one of the better mid major programs, or even one of the lesser majors, need to take a serious look at Dave Aranda. The man is a fucking genius on defense. He could be a killer at Rutgers or Syracuse IMO, although he has never been on the east coast before.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would choose Syracuse over Rutgers. New Jersey is better for recruiting, but the administration has been a mess.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Bronco Mendenhall to Virginia. Good for the ACC
Been waiting for him to get one of these jobs. He applied for the Wisconsin job when Andersen left.

I still think one of the better mid major programs, or even one of the lesser majors, need to take a serious look at Dave Aranda. The man is a fucking genius on defense. He could be a killer at Rutgers or Syracuse IMO, although he has never been on the east coast before.
He would have to hire a good staff with roots recruiting the mid-Atlantic, but I like Aranda.

Agree with ATL, I wouldn't touch the Rutgers job. Even without the administration issues Syracuse > Rutgers in football. Rutgers is in the best division in football. Not a good look.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Syracuse's biggest problem is the weather during the winter and the shit hole that is the carrier dome. The school is trying like hell to put back together a once great football program and they have made some good moves lately. A new stadium seems to be next in line hopefully that happens soon

Doug Marrone leaving really did set the program back though. If he didn't leave Syracuse would be a bowl team. I was hoping for a big splash like Frost or Kiffin but that was never gonna happen

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw a report of Dino Babers to Syracuse, former Art Briles assistant doing well at Bowling Green. If true, probably gets announced over the weekend.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I saw a report of Dino Babers to Syracuse, former Art Briles assistant doing well at Bowling Green. If true, probably gets announced over the weekend.
Looks likely. Syracuse is looking for an offensive mind it is one of the reason Ed Orgeron wasn't being considered even with his ties to Syracuse and even coming out and saying he would take the job

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Dino Babers to Syracuse is official. I really like the hiring he is a guy that doesnt look like he will use Syracuse as a stepping stone and he runs a high power offense. Hopefully in 2-3 years when he has his recruits in here Syracuse will be a 8 win team

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Yeah, he's a West Coast guy. I don't expect him to be at Wisconsin much longer. He's just an incredible coach. I guess my only hope is that he doesn't care as much about a pay boost to be DC at another place, but is looking for his first HC opportunity. He did apply to be Wisconsin's HC last off season.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts