Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a lot of junkies around here that willfully subject themselves to college ball towards scouting future pros. Here's my lottery board at the moment...

1. Karl Anthony Towns
  2. Jahili Okkafor
  3. Justise Winslow
  4. Emmanuel Mudiay
  5. D'Angelo Russell
  6. Willie Cauley-Stein
  7. Stanley Johnson
  8. Kristaps Porzingis
  9. Kelly Oubre
  10. Myles Turner
  11. Kevon Looney
  12. Mario Hezonja
  13. Cliff Alexander
  14. Caris LeVert
I will say that I'm not wild about the guys outside my top 8-9 and that the last three are more "best of the rest" selections than anything else. I also concede that when it comes to international players I tend to watch the mix tape/scouting tape, so it's very likely that I am underrating Hezonja.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
The first pick will be one heck of a debate if Philly lands in that spot. They really only have 4 assets - PG/SG MCW, PF/SF Dario Saric, PF/C Nerlens Noel, and C Joel Embiid. If they take Okafor or Towns, they immediately have to figure out which guy they are going to trade. It might actually be better for them to fall to the 3rd spot to make Mudiay an easier decision.

·
51,460 Posts
My top 5:

1. Jahlil Okafor
2. Karl Towns
3. Myles Turner
4. D'Angelo Russell
5. Willie Cauley-Stein

• Myles Turner is the most intriguing prospect in this draft a stretch 5 rim protector, if his performance vs good teams improve he should be the #1 pick.
  • D'Angelo Russell reminds me of Harden
  • Not a Mudiay fan
  • If people come out this could be a very deep draft deepest since 2011.
  • Dakari Johnson is 6-11/7-0 avg 18 pts 14 reb 3 ast 4 blk 2 stl per 40 but most mocks have him in the 20s.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
From what I have seen so far:

Okafor
Towns
Turner
Russell
Cauley-Stein

I too am not yet sold on Mudiay, but I haven't watched him this year. These are also subject to change, but I love the top 5.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Is this quietly an extremely stacked draft when it comes to big men? Seems like it from the draft reports I've been reading.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
The first pick will be one heck of a debate if Philly lands in that spot. They really only have 4 assets - PG/SG MCW, PF/SF Dario Saric, PF/C Nerlens Noel, and C Joel Embiid. If they take Okafor or Towns, they immediately have to figure out which guy they are going to trade. It might actually be better for them to fall to the 3rd spot to make Mudiay an easier decision.
Eh, in that scenario Philly'll take one of Okafor/Towns and then trade down for Mudiay and pick up a couple seconds or an extra first for their trouble. It's just their style.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Eh, in that scenario Philly'll take one of Okafor/Towns and then trade down for Mudiay and pick up a couple seconds or an extra first for their trouble. It's just their style.
Unless there's an injured top prospect, or if Porzingis can't come over for a few years. Then they'll go with one of those two.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Is this quietly an extremely stacked draft when it comes to big men? Seems like it from the draft reports I've been reading.
There's definitely a lot more talent in the front court compared to the guards. Draft is really deep with big men, not so much with guards.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
I wouldn't say extremely stacked, but it should be very solid in the front court.

·
51,460 Posts
I wouldn't say extremely stacked, but it should be very solid in the front court.
Disagree close to if not more then half the lottery should be starting caliber bigs.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
How I see it at the moment:

1. Jahili Okkafor
2. Myles Turner
3. Karl Anthony Towns
4. Willie Cauley-Stein
5. Kristaps Porzingis

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Disagree close to if not more then half the lottery should be starting caliber bigs.
I agree. I only mainly follow through draft boards and forums, but the quality of probable starting big seems huge to me this year. It lacks the superstar potential of last years draft and the clear cut #1 pick of other drafts, but I think this will be a great draft year.

I need the Pacers to lose more games.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A big difference between them (and one reason that scouts have Mudiay higher) is that he's four years younger than Wright. At 22 Wright is mostly a finished product with a lot less room for growth than Mudiay. I like Wright, and if Boston ends up with a mid first I wouldn't object to them taking Wright, but I am not likely to take him over Russell or Mudiay.

D'Angelo Russell has a lot of James Harden in him, for better and worse. Because he's also a comically bad defender. However, he's not yet 19, so there's hope for him if he ends up in the right situation.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts