Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kershaw opens the season for the Dodgers. Matt Kemp back at Dodger Stadium. Should be fun.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Your really really really really early Cy Young leader in the AL? The unstoppable machine that is Shane Green.

Okay, but seriously, great start. He's been huge for a Tigers team already missing Verlander... 16IP, 7H, 1BB, 8K, 0ER.

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot... 16IP - 166 pitches thrown.

Second Edit: And judging by his Yahoo picture, I think he has a lazy eye...

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to tonight's Dodgers game. Only my second Dodgers game ever. Kershaw on the mound and going for his 100th win...again. Hope he gets it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hoping the Orioles can get on a good streak. Adam Jones has been amazing to start the Season and Hardy is back now. Just need Weiters to get healthy. Well that and our pitching to do well.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hoping the Orioles can get on a good streak. Adam Jones has been amazing to start the Season and Hardy is back now. Just need Weiters to get healthy. Well that and our pitching to do well.

Thought you were a Nationals fan based off your love of the Wizards. I was wrong.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Scherzer has been ridiculous of late. Should've had a perfect game last night.
Yep. The rules clearly state that the batter has to make an effort to avoid being hit to be awarded first base. Leaning your elbow into a pitch does not equal attempting to get out of the way.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
I think JD Martinez is on nanorobots. Its how he programmed himself to hit more like Miggy. Injected nanorobots. He was a member of the "absurd June" club this year, and is off to a hotter start in July.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
I was on ESPN.com looking at Bryce Harper's season numbers (they're ludicrous, by the way). I decided to swing over to Trout's page and just do a quick scan of how they compare at this moment.

... it took me a minute.

First I'm looking on the drop down box for California. Then I realize, oops... I'm looking for the wrong team name. So my eyes scan upward (yep) looking for Anaheim... Oh wait, I've gotta go DOWN the alphabet... Totally brainfarted and forgot momentarily that they're the LA Angels now.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Haha well if you can't find the Cubs, they'really not at the bottom of the division.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Haha well if you can't find the Cubs, they'really not at the bottom of the division.
Oh, they're still there? When I didn't see them at the bottom of the NL Central I just kinda assumed they'd been contracted.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
The Cubs, like Boston, are a future team. In 2017 they're both gonna be great.
The difference is... the Cubs are already on the cusp, and have provided solid evidence that this is coming at a Major League level. The Red Sox on the other hand - a wholllllle lot of hope in that analysis. Frankly - I think calling them a 2017 club is selling them short. There's no reason the Cubs can't be considered a 2016 team. Hell, consider last year's Royals: at this point it isn't absurd to suggest they could make a run at a championship in 2015. The Red Sox just aren't an equivalent team to lump together with the Cubs right now.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
Betts, Bogaerts, and E-Rod have shown really well at the major league level. Swihart did have the injury setback, but he leapt to the majors after very little AAA ball and has kept getting better. Moncada and Devers are going to move quickly, watching them you can see they're more Betts than Bogaerts.

Sam Travis (1B) will also force his way into the majors early next year. The one big organisational weakness is starting pitching, and their major league scouting department is so bad I find myself secretly hoping that they don't address the problem in free agency. Anderson Espinoza will be pitching in Boston sometime in 2017 (despite their best efforts they won't be able to stop him, at 17 he's dominating 19 & 20 year olds), albeit on a limited schedule. Boston's amateur scouting department is as good as the MLB one is bad. It's bizarre.

EDIT: Moncada and Devers are the interesting ones, because they're both IF and Boston has players everywhere but 1B, and they have Travis waiting in the wings there. One of those guys is probably going to LF (Devers most likely). But after next year I expect that Boston will be subsidising Sandoval's contract to open room for Moncada.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts