Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to 2016!

After two games in Detroit it looks like if Victor Martinez clears 500 plate appearances this season he just might pull off his 700th homer by October.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am reminded on days like this of Jim Leyland's classic 2006 quote on the Yankees' lineup: "Murderers row... and Cano."

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In other news: didn't Colorado trade away the best shortstop in baseball last year? They're not even playing Arizona at home!

(though I know the ball DOES travel in Arizona)

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The top 14 shortstops in batting average (all over .285) are averaging greater than a homer per 10 at bats. No real predictive significance - but it highlights how hot short stops have been in the first series of the season.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trevor Story is the most absurd thing ever.

It is just destroying my brain.

He is the first player EVER to hit 7 HR in the first 6 games of the season.

And its the first 6 games of his major league career.

I just can't even begin to understand this. He's on some "Limitless" level performance enhancing stuff or something. Really this might be one of the all time great "Who the hell is that?" trivia answers. Watch this turns into another Chris Shelton and he's optioned back down sometime later in the season.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Big Kris Bryant MRI coming up today. Here's hoping there was no structural damage on that ankle.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Dee Gordon suspended 80 games for PEDs

Dam. That is one i didnt see coming
Ah, this sucks. Marlins are just coming off a 4 game sweep of the Dodgers. It also puts some doubt on Gordon's great 2015 season where he led the majors in hits and SB while winning the NL batting title.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
ESPN Outside the Line is reporting that multi players are about to be handed 80 game suspensions

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Didn't this already happen?

Josh Ravin, Dee Gordon, and Chris Colabello?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts