Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interesting names in the pool this offseason. Where do you think these particular players will go.

Elite
Durant
James
Wade
Horford

Second Tier
Howard
Conley
Noah
DeRozan

Wildcard
Deng
Bazemore
Whiteside

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
For what it's worth, Dwight Howard officially declined his player option for this coming season.

·
23,791 Posts
I am so afraid that Milwaukee's going to make a run at Dwight. JUST SAY NO!

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
You're missing DeRozan.

·
Restore the Roar
7,387 Posts
For the Pistons - a few of those names would be wonderful targets but there's no way it happens. Kevin Durant? Dwyane Wade? Lebron James? Obviously I'd love to see Detroit target them in some way, sure. But seriously - they won't. In the case of Wade and James - obvious. In the case of Durant - you know he's not considering Detroit, and they don't want to tie up other decisions waiting on that sort of pipe dream.

Al Horford though... That's a tree the Pistons could bark up. If they can sell Al Horford on the development of Andre Drummond as his complement, and the continued development of Kentavious Caldwell Pope as a world destroying small wing defender with a 3 point shot, Tobias Harris' development as an all around swiss army knife of a big swing, and Stanley Johnson's potential star turn as a Lebron-size wing.... SVG also has the front office reputation at this point to convince a guy he'd keep the team good over time.

I've read that Al Horford wants to go somewhere he can win a championship. I'm not saying Detroit would be my first destination with that in mind - but I think Stan can make him think.

·
Michael Whiteacre's Running Mate
2,338 Posts
'Witzki would fit very nicely with the Warriors
Yeah imagine him coming off the bench - those scoring lulls would surely be a thing of the past. The crazy thing is he is talking about playing another 2 or 3 seasons - so he could grab 2 rings on the way out.

I love this scenario - but it would be right to see him retire a Mav.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the Pistons - a few of those names would be wonderful targets but there's no way it happens. Kevin Durant? Dwyane Wade? Lebron James? Obviously I'd love to see Detroit target them in some way, sure. But seriously - they won't. In the case of Wade and James - obvious. In the case of Durant - you know he's not considering Detroit, and they don't want to tie up other decisions waiting on that sort of pipe dream.

Al Horford though... That's a tree the Pistons could bark up. If they can sell Al Horford on the development of Andre Drummond as his complement, and the continued development of Kentavious Caldwell Pope as a world destroying small wing defender with a 3 point shot, Tobias Harris' development as an all around swiss army knife of a big swing, and Stanley Johnson's potential star turn as a Lebron-size wing.... SVG also has the front office reputation at this point to convince a guy he'd keep the team good over time.

I've read that Al Horford wants to go somewhere he can win a championship. I'm not saying Detroit would be my first destination with that in mind - but I think Stan can make him think.
The Stones have a young core with a lot of potential. I could see them going for a Bazemore and maybe adding a veteran at PF that could possibly play C while Drummond sit on the bench for his FT woes...

·
Registered
10,500 Posts

Horford to Golden State

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
not that impressed with him in the playoffs
Well that's an understatement. Barnes lost himself a ton of money in these playoffs.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I'm interested in how Golden State's bench looks next season. Ezeli, Barbosa, Barnes and Speights are all free agents. They were all pretty underpaid these past two years and will definitely collect more. Will GS be willing to pay them or let them walk and try to develop/seek out new guys on cheaper contracts?

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
For what it's worth, Brandon Bass officially opted out of his contract today.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts