Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Thanks "Masai" now we're officially in trouble!! Hahahaa

Naw... For once confidence in this one is as high as it should be. I'm still stunned at just how deep we are. With PatPat and Ross finding their groove at just the right time, Joseph, Biyombo, Carroll and even Wright & Thompson.... it's unbelievable!! That's a whole other starting line almost (I'm considering Powell as a starter). We've never been this strong on paper or on court.
First round matchup is excellent for us to get our juices going too. I'm seeing Raps in 5 or 6 tops.

·
Put some respeck on ma name!
30,063 Posts
Only wish Paul Pierce was still on the other side so the Raps could get him back. Go Raps!!

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
I'm hoping for a sweep.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Well not the opening I would have wanted but still a good lesson learned.
Gotta bring your A game, make your shots and don't count on the refs to bail you out.

Glad is was taught earlier rather than later .... that said, lots of easy things we can fix and Pacers still don't have enough depth or ability to take us four games out of seven.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Well not the opening I would have wanted but still a good lesson learned.
Gotta bring your A game, make your shots and don't count on the refs to bail you out.

Glad is was taught earlier rather than later .... that said, lots of easy things we can fix and Pacers still don't have enough depth or ability to take us four games out of seven.
Man until DD and Lowry prove they can play playoff ball this team is destined to lose every 1st round series no matter who they play.

The whistle is different in the playoffs and it seems DD and to a lesser extent Lowry can't adjust

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7 straight Playoff losses.

That's inexcusable. Carroll wanted and should have seen more time on PG, that needs to happen tonight.

If this cycle continues, the fans will turn on DD and Lowry.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yeah I'm expecting Carroll to get the start as Demar can't contain George.

Funny thing is the refs were originally favoring the Raps when the game started but went to the Pacers as the momentum turned. They'll have to fight doubly hard to get it back tonight.

And oh yeah.... If DD and KLow end up losing this series I'd expect one of them to get traded. Can't have two leaders choke like this.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I haven't seen enough of him yet. The first part of the season everyone was rusty and the defense was still shaky. And just when we started to gel he got injured, had surgery and was out for 3 straight months. The last game was only his fourth outing since Jan.
He'll make his true mark here in this series. I can say I love jump shot though! Great mechanics and I can tell he has a lot of ability and smarts we haven't seen yet.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jonas was great on the court and I really liked his post game comments too.

Cory Joseph showing he knows Playoff basketball and helping this team execute down the stretch, that was invaluable.

Demar continues to struggle.

This win is exactly what was needed and we should go on to take this series, because outside of PG, this Indiana team doesn't have a whole lot of great basketball players.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Finally Casey and the team finally learning to run plays for JV and use him more effectively in the post. We've been saying they needed to do that for years and it's about flipping time !!!

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DeMarre stepping up into the role we brought him in for, great game from him.

Last night was the most complete Raptor performance that I've seen the Playoffs over the past 3 seasons.

Lowry, DeMar and JV all doing exactly what was required. Joseph and Carroll stepping up as the additional intensity, defense and offensive firepower we clearly missed these past few years.

I can't see us relinquishing this lead now.

·
Put some respeck on ma name!
30,063 Posts
The Raptors from Games 2 and 3 have been worlds apart from the team we saw in game 1. That was extremely refreshing to watch, as there were quite a few spots where they could have given up the lead.

Game 4 will be huge as always, I expect PG to be extremely aggressive after losing his cool tonight.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts