Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yeah .... But now we've lost JV for the rest of the series. How freakish is that when both teams loose their matching bigs?!?!? Would've been a lot easier with him in the lineup, but we should win regardless.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Y'know as I keep thinking about this ... at first they said it wasn't so bad and gave the impression he'd be back for the next one. I think (hope) Raps are lying on purpose to throw Miami off track??

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Y'know as I keep thinking about this ... at first they said it wasn't so bad and gave the impression he'd be back for the next one. I think (hope) Raps are lying on purpose to throw Miami off track??
That might be wishful thinking, he's seems pretty done for me. That was a lot of weight to be coming down on his ankle, so missing a few games is expected.

Biyombo has the capabilities to step up and take control of the paint.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
I hope somebody tells Biyombo that he doesn't have to throw up a wild shot after every offensive rebound. He rarely makes those shots and even if he gets fouled he'll likely just hit 1 FT.

That said I'm fine with JV not playing as long as Whiteside doesn't play either. We'll be seeing a lot of Patterson at the 5 with Carroll playing the 4. Maybe get James Johnson some minutes and have him guard Joe Johnson. And please no more Scola. The guy is an eye sore when he's guarding pick n rolls as he has lead feet. I would give some minutes to Jason Thompsons. I believe Thompson is a better option than Bebe because of his experience.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
.... Biyombo has the capabilities to step up and take control of the paint.
I don't think Biyombo is our offensive solution/replacement either.... He was great against Indiana when we needed the defense .. but against Miami with a need for offense, yeah .. he's just not the guy for that.

^^ Like seifer said though, we've got a few interesting options and I'm looking forward to see how they handle it!!

I'm sad about the loss of JV as he would've pretty much guaranteed us advancing with Whiteside out ....

Ugly (unverified by me) stat posted by "Wade2Bosh" on their team thread ...
"Raptors were +41 with Valanciunas in the game. -39 without him."

Ouch!! But if he's gotta be rested then no better time than now. He's helped us get to 2-1 so rest away big fella !!

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't think Biyombo is our offensive solution/replacement either.... He was great against Indiana when we needed the defense .. but against Miami with a need for offense, yeah .. he's just not the guy for that.

^^ Like seifer said though, we've got a few interesting options and I'm looking forward to see how they handle it!!

I'm sad about the loss of JV as he would've pretty much guaranteed us advancing with Whiteside out ....

Ouch!! But if he's gotta be rested then no better time than now. He's helped us get to 2-1 so rest away big fella !!
Biyombo can finish off the pick and roll, something that Jonas was abusing the Heat interior with, so while not even close to the same level of offense as Jonas, he should be serviceable given his mobility.

What I am excited about is his speed to get out and put a hand in front of Wade when he comes off the screen.

Patterson should see a big increase in minutes, great choice to spread the floor. Chance to play a lot of small ball as Seifer mentioned, which I think puts us slightly ahead of Miami.

Back to back wins, we have all of the momentum and if we take tonight's game, this is our series.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Biyombo doing quite well so far. Offensive touch is there.. always glad to be proven wrong wrong in that regard. His "line-drive" free throws though are a sore spot. He never used to do that before. He used to have a nice arc with a good bend to the knees.. what the heck??

Nogueira giving us some good minutes. But he has to get better positioning for the offensive rebound. Hasn't he learned anything watching Bismack??

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
At least the bench came through for us in the third out scoring the Heat 27-16!
Can't even imagine what the fourth will be like.
Headline should read .... "Ugly win, but we'll take it" signed desperate Raptors still looking for answers and consistency

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I know we'll get this game cause we're able to play ugly, lock up the defense and just out hustle other teams... but it's upsetting when I know what we can do and knowing who's waiting for us around the corner. This should be our home stretch where we get better before we take on Cleveland.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The only good thing about this loss and Derozan's play is that now we won't have to pay him max money on his new contract. We shouldn't do it and no one in the league is going to want to either given his questionable play. That means we should be able to afford keeping Biyombo!! Keep it up DD ... keep it up!

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Terrible defensive rotation by Casey, we're getting killed in the lane and Biyombo is sat on the bench. Bebe shouldn't be seen, he is lost on defense. Dreadful overall from DeMar. Lowry fouled out due to a couple of 'phantom Wade' calls.

And yet, we still should have won this game. CoJo had two chances to ice it and took two ill advised iso shots. Crazy.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Terrible defensive rotation ....And yet, we still should have won this game. CoJo had two chances to ice it and took two ill advised iso shots. Crazy.
Here, Here!!!
Couldn't have said it any better. Terrible all the way through and yet we still should have won it. Gawd it was awful all the way through.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Make it -46 ;)

As said before, It's amazing that with such a horrible play from the Raps, they're still in a position to win games down the stretch.
It shows for good the depth and a high level of intensity on D. Both key ingredients for strong playoffs runs, and it's very promising.

The problem is that the other key ingredient is having superstars in their prime...

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Make it -46 ;)

As said before, It's amazing that with such a horrible play from the Raps, they're still in a position to win games down the stretch.
It shows for good the depth and a high level of intensity on D. Both key ingredients for strong playoffs runs, and it's very promising.

The problem is that the other key ingredient is having superstars in their prime...
Make it -38 now ;)

I actually expected this performance, there was something about Lowry and DeRozan yesterday that gave it away pre-game.

Carroll going down, let's see what the diagnosis is, really hope he is fine after some rest.

One game away from the ECF, remarkable stuff. Especially considering our recent Playoff woes.

... that said, I still expect a Game 7

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The Heat have been good in everything so far. Defense, shots and bad ref calls ... Raps missing lotsa stuff ... but we're only stuck 7. Lots of room to get better ... Gotta stop Dragic at least though...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts