Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fun starts soon! I expect there to be alot of moves in the PL considering how wide open it is this year.

My Wish List for City:

In-
Icardi
Pjanic

Both Probably more of a Summer window move but City need a Striker and a CM

Out-
Fernando
Navas

Move Navas out while he actually has some value because soon he is gonna have none. He is mostly getting lucky with the terrible crosses he puts into the box.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
LOL Icardi in the winter transfer window? Big name players like him don't leave in January. Supposedly Real wants Pjanic but I dont see how Roma lets him go knowing they are in a tight race. He's been their best player.

This transfer period sucks. Not a big fan of going after big names in January, but I guess its a good time to retool. Arsenal snapped up El Neny from Basel. I heard he's a good midfielder.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Icardi in the winter transfer window? Big name players like him don't leave in January. Supposedly Real wants Pjanic but I dont see how Roma lets him go knowing they are in a tight race. He's been their best player.

This transfer period sucks. Not a big fan of going after big names in January, but I guess its a good time to retool. Arsenal snapped up El Neny from Basel. I heard he's a good midfielder.
I know Icardi is never gonna happen in the Winter. But he is the Striker i want to see City go after

As for Roma i think this season has been a HUGE disappointment so far. With the way Juventus started and the moves Roma made in the Summer they should be atop the league right now. I could see them selling some people probably wont be Pjanic but if they can get Real and City into a bidding war they might move him

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Juan Iturbe to Bournemouth is official.

Nice get for Bournemouth

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Maybe. Iturbe has been very disappointing.

I'm with HB, I personally hate the winter transfer window. Players are way too overpriced, and this is when teams screw themselves. Look no further than the fact that the Carroll/Torres deals were done one January.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe. Iturbe has been very disappointing.

I'm with HB, I personally hate the winter transfer window. Players are way too overpriced, and this is when teams screw themselves. Look no further than the fact that the Carroll/Torres deals were done one January.
I think that is apart of the awesomeness teams panic and overreach/overspend it is fun to watch. Like Vardy will someone pay 30+ million for a 29 y/o Striker that is having his first good season?

And there is a reason Iturbe was so highly regarded 2 Summers ago. I think he can pull it together. Lamela is finally started to show a sign of life maybe Iturbe can

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats all this about City going after Sane?
Terrible move if they make. His price tag is insane and we have guy in the EDS just as talented as him. Instead of paying 40mil for him give Brandon Barker a shot

Let him go to Liverpool for that 40mil price tag

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Speaking of liverpool, lo and behold, Klopp wants Balotelli back.

It also seems the first major domino of this winter window is Benitez being fired and Zidane getting the Real job.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of liverpool, lo and behold, Klopp wants Balotelli back.

It also seems the first major domino of this winter window is Benitez being fired and Zidane getting the Real job.
Be interesting to see what Zidane does with all of the galaticos. There was rumors of a mass clear out in the Summer with a few going in the Winter

Also Zidane always knew Rafa wasnt gonna last. There is a reason he didnt take the Marseille job or any other job that wanted him

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Supposedly Newcastle made an offer for Lacazette and the player rejected it. The same thing happened a week ago with Koulibaly.

All of a sudden Mike Ashley is ready to spend but the team is mired in the bottom half. No one wants to play for a team fighting relegation.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didnt Man United or someone offer like 50mil for Lacazette in the Summer and where turned down?

That dudes price has fell

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Wonder why Arsenal won't try to get him.

I think Ilicic out of Fiorentina would make for a good purchase for teams needing a striker. He's pretty good.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Surprised to see Swansea sell Jonjo. The guy was pretty much their best player last year and they looked like a different team without him. Great move for Newcastle imo

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Roma sacked Garica. Pellegrini would be perfect for that job when Pep goes to City

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Spaletti is going back to Roma

Sane is going to Barca not City. I also heard they snapped up Nolito. Scary depth, for a team that has few flaws.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Southampton just bought Charlie Austin for 4mil. A guy that had 18 goals in BPL and they bought him for 4mil. Crazy considering Bournemouth paid more for Grabben who has 1 goal this year and Afobe who had what 8 goals in 30 Championship games? Insane the price Southampton paid for Austin. Also pretty sure Bournemouth paid more for Glen F'n Murrary then Southampton paid for Austin

Also looks like the end of Pelle in Southampton. Kinda crappy the way they are pushing him out the guy has played great for them since the bought him. Looks like the might be able to sell him for a decent amount to Serie A though

1 - 20 of 39 Posts