Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Re: A10 close to adding Davidson (for 2014)

Not bad at all.

Davidson is a good program. Certainly not geographically ideal for our western family members, but from a VCU standpoint, this is terrific.

GW, VCU, UR, George Mason, and Davidson? That's a dream from a regional basketball perspective at our level.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

I'm arranging for 5 gigolos and copious amounts of blow to be sent to Bernie's office tomorrow morning.

Fantastic work.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

I'm crushed but Siena has nobody to blame for this but themselves hiring a bum like Mitch Buonaguro.......

What happened to Siena being the next team in?

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts

I'm crushed but Siena has nobody to blame for this but themselves hiring a bum like Mitch Buonaguro.......

I don't know if the ball has stopped rolling yet. The Big East has tabled expansion, so it might take longer. Remember, 4 teams checked out of the A-10 this year, and it is still believed by some in the media that there are more on the way...so I don't think the game's over by any means.

·
Resident Arachnid of the MPT
21,701 Posts

Anyone worried about how Davidson fares post-McKillop? Could they become Fordham-esque with the wrong hire when he retires?

·
Registered
727 Posts

Relax... I talked to the subordinate of the person who told me about the order of expansion..

Siena is absolutely still in play and the reason why Davidson jumped up the list was due to the fact they backed away from their COC demand which was a staple of their request. It is logical to assume that they (Davidson) said well SoCon stinks so let's get out of here..

Siena's summer invite is still there

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

Sure, just as any program could when their coach leaves.

It's a risk you take. They've been to 5 of the last 8 NCAA tournaments and took Marquette to the wire just as Butler did this year. Stephen Curry, Elite 8 in 2008 etc. etc.

Along with George Mason, we've really cleaned up in conference expansion as much as we've been able to in our position.

I'm thoroughly impressed with McGlade. This is tremendous.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

The CAA is conference realignment's whipping boy the past couple of offseasons.

Taking public blows left and right.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

I hope you're right A10BBall.. my fear is the A10 certainly won't go to 15 and even when Dayton/St. Louis leave (if they do) the A10 easily could stay at 12 teams.

1 - 20 of 454 Posts