Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts
Well, he's a little full of himself for sure. Guess it's OK as long as he doesn't move to the third person nonsense.

“Listen, people are always saying, ‘Rickey says Rickey.’ But it’s been blown way out of proportion. People might catch me, when they know I’m ticked off, saying, ‘Rickey, what the heck are you doing, Rickey?’ They say, ‘Darn, Rickey, what are you saying Rickey for? Why don’t you just say, ‘I?’ But I never did. I always said, ‘Rickey,’ and it became something for people to joke about.”

Well, he's a little full of himself for sure. Guess it's OK as long as he doesn't move to the third person nonsense.
Most places have him as the #1 or #2 recruit in the class. He seems like he is a different caliber player than most programs ever see. He would be an incredibly huge get for St. Louis and for the A10 even if he only stays for one year. It would be a great recruiting plug if he does go to SLU then jumps to the NBA, 'You can play in the A10 and still jump to the NBA in one year.' With Steph Curry the MVP of the NBA (even though Davidson wasn't in the A10 when he played there) we can start to build a better argument for the A10 as a legitimate place for top tier talent. Of course this is all a pipe dream at this point, but getting the #1 or #2 recruit in the class to come to the A10 would be a huge step.

I agree it would be HUGE if he stayed and played at SLU.
My guess is he'll go somewhere else for more face time to raise his NBA profile, although Duke already has Brandon Ingram at SF.

There is no reason Tatum couldn't have a huge impact on the national stage at SLU. The A10 is annually a top 5-8 conference, so it isn't as if he'd fall off a cliff.
Much of the St Louis area is a fertile and gently rolling prairie that features low hills and broad, shallow valleys. He could fall into the Mississippi though.

Reactions: Bill Russell
I agree it would be HUGE if he stayed and played at SLU.
My guess is he'll go somewhere else for more face time to raise his NBA profile, although Duke already has Brandon Ingram at SF.
From what I have read he has narrowed his list to just SLU and Duke. If the Duke roster is getting crowded at his position he may get more 'face time' at SLU. It could be a season long story, following a top recruit outside the P5.

I really hope Tatum ends up at SLU, but my gut tells me he won't.

It's between SLU and Duke. Tatum has said he likes being the focal point of the offense and the "hometown hero" recruiting pitch has him interested.

But I heard he absolutely loves Duke.

Anyone who has closely followed the situation knows that the loudest voice in his head is his mom's. She's a St. Louis native and went to law school at SLU. I know she wants him to stay home, but from what people have said, Coach K has done a great job convincing her that Duke is the best place for him both as a player and to have a career after basketball.

Somebody at Duke will end up unhappy if he goes there.
If Ingram moved aside to let him on the court, there are already 3 guys signed as PF's.

Edit; just realized they don't have a LOI from Ingram, only a verbal.

If UNC got word that their sanctions wouldn't include a postseason ban for basketball, it wouldn't shock me if Ingram switched from the Blue Devils to the Tar Heels. It was said those looming NCAA issues were the only reason he didn't commit to Roy Williams a long time ago.

SLU will be unveiling a full rebrand of their athletic department with a new Billiken logo this Friday.

Old font/logo:

New font:

I like the new font but have a a bad feeling they will ruin the Billiken logo trying to make it look "fierce."

Ford can talk to Dr. G when they play so he will be prepared for his big transfer injected jump in year two.

What on earth happened with Bess between committing to Akron and the very short period of time until his decommitment? Did Ford sprinkle some of his Big 12 magic pixie dust on him?
Bess wanted to commit to SLU after his original visit but his dad vetoed and wanted him close to home. They brought mom dad and Javon to campus this week and convinced dad. At least thats the word around the water cooler

Ford is tanking this year for the high draft pick to go with the 3 transfers. I don't see SLU doing much in the league this year, but there's a chance to do damage in the A10 with Bess, Henriquez, and Foreman all eligible for the following season. Yeah, and Jim Crews isn't coaching anymore.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.