Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1140 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,148 Posts
Besides, this thread had been around for almost a year. That many views translates to like 220+ a day and we know 180+ of those are UVMHC!

Great call. I've been lobbying the Mods to allow me to Like my own posts.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Even though it was an easy win vs. Maine, I am concerned with the way Vermont has been playing. The ball is stagnant on offense, not a lot of ball movement. The ball is stuck in one guys hand and we run the high screen and that’s about it. I feel like they are vulnerable. Lamb was awesome, but we were lost offensively when he wasn’t on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33,148 Posts
Even though it was an easy win vs. Maine, I am concerned with the way Vermont has been playing. The ball is stagnant on offense, not a lot of ball movement. The ball is stuck in one guys hand and we run the high screen and that’s about it. I feel like they are vulnerable. Lamb was awesome, but we were lost offensively when he wasn’t on the floor.

I feel like the game against UML had a ton of involvement from everyone, but firmly believe our best offense is run through the hands of Lamb. Last two games have been a good mix and shows we have multiple ways to win when Lamb is being doubled/tripled.

Not going to ever complain if Lamb takes 20+ shots either. It’s like saying Klimes and Hehn should be taking shots from Coppenrath and Sorrentine.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I feel like the game against UML had a ton of involvement from everyone, but firmly believe our best offense is run through the hands of Lamb. Last two games have been a good mix and shows we have multiple ways to win when Lamb is being doubled/tripled.

Not going to ever complain if Lamb takes 20+ shots either. It’s like saying Klimes and Hehn should be taking shots from Coppenrath and Sorrentine.
Who are Cooperath and Sodertine? Let’s stay on topic here and talk about Vermont basketball....PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts

What games would you cite as exceptions to this, lately?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe that most games cats offense has been very good. I feel it’s a sound strategy to have ED and AL in middle of court. If either one gets ball on the wing they are much easier to guard. Or in AL case double or tripled team. That’s why they are working middle of court and why Steph and Ben handle ball more recently. Dribble penetration. That do get ball reversals with post dribble hand offs. RD plays in corner more than earlier. Just my opinion. If you check league and season stats I believe cats offensive efficiency stacks up well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just ran into this on YouTube. I know we lost the game, but what a gritty team this was! I miss the finesse of Sandro and Rugg and grind of Voelkel and Apfeld...one of a kind team.

1081 - 1100 of 1140 Posts