Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Piker
8,528 Posts
Yes, I believe AA is a part of the media and often has information before others including this time.

Knowledge of the motivations of the actions on both sides of this issue are more difficult to confirm and subject to speculation.

But why are we bringing this topic up again?

And no one mentioning this...
https://mobile.twitter.com/SpiderMBB/status/996081604962504706

I just relayed what I heard. My friend knows the community and the information he provides me is always correct. Most of it is in regards to VCU but he threw the Buck asking for his release in with other stuff like Djonkam leaving and Gilmore coming back. After the dismissal he gave me the scoop. He knows Buck and his family. It is what it is. Buckingham is gone.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I just relayed what I heard. My friend knows the community and the information he provides me is always correct. Most of it is in regards to VCU but he threw the Buck asking for his release in with other stuff like Djonkam leaving and Gilmore coming back. After the dismissal he gave me the scoop. He knows Buck and his family. It is what it is. Buckingham is gone.
Information about actions is one thing.

Information about why an action takes place is another.

The latter is not always certain. Even if you heard from me why I took an action that doesn't make "the why" a fact. I have been known to be less than truthful. And sometimes I don't even understand myself. :baseldance:

Anyway roster "appears" set...

·
Piker
8,528 Posts
Information about actions is one thing.

Information about why an action takes place is another.

The latter is not always certain. Even if you heard from me why I took an action that doesn't make "the why" a fact. I have been known to be less than truthful. And sometimes I don't even understand myself. :baseldance:

Anyway roster "appears" set...
Yep. I agree that UR was not truthful about how it went down.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Not sure what's going on with the Spiders.
After 8-10 postings under "news" on the official website in May, June, and July...August has zero postings. It's like the school has forgotten about basketball.
In the newspaper, really the only thing of importance is that the school hasn't extended Mooney's contract for a year, so recruiting will be a little harder.

A couple more days and our OOC schedule should be released if last year's timing is any guide.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
In an effort to help the A10's image, the Robins Center is going all out this year.
Yes, we have beer and wine.
This year we're adding Chobani yogurt!
Also, we do this:
Last season, the Spiders averaged 6,492 fans per game, their most since the 1992-93 season and the third-highest average attendance in the Atlantic 10. The Spiders had the second-highest average attendance in Division I among institutions with a total enrollment under 5,000 students
Now, if we can just get Big E to give us one of those blue circles :yesyes:

https://richmondspiders.com/news/2018/11/5/mens-basketball-whats-new-at-the-robins-center.aspx

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the Richmond Spiders won a game.

(May not have that many more chances at it, this year)

81 - 100 of 170 Posts