121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
6,915 Posts

·
Piker
8,528 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25930674/reverse-hot-seat-why-embattled-coaches-stay

Why his firing would be unjust: Few coaches can match his consistency. Before last season's tumultuous 12-20 campaign, Mooney hadn't had a losing season since 2007, when he finished 8-22 in the second year of his tenure. His top three scorers this season (Grant Golden, Jacob Gilyard and Nathan Cayo) are all sophomores, too. He can build on this. -- Myron Medcalf
This is the narrative that Coach Mooney has been pushing in the local media. He is quoted as saying, this is a young talented team and the 2020 roster could be the best in the history of the UR program.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
If a winning program was based on facilities, we'd be right there.

Princeton Review Ranks Richmond’s Athletic Facilities No. 10 In Country
Richmond was the only school in the state of Virginia ranked in the top 20 and the only school in the Atlantic 10 or Colonial Athletic Association in the rankings. These rankings are based on student rankings from the top 384 colleges and universities in the country.
https://richmondspiders.com/news/2018/8/20/general-princeton-review-ranks-richmonds-athletic-facilities-no-10-in-country.aspx

·
Piker
8,528 Posts
I don’t know how to feel about that billboard, but instinct is suggesting it’s bush league. There are ways to express displeasure to the UR administration without publicly disparaging a seemingly decent person who’s been there over a decade and had some really good teams.
I agree. As a fan I support my program. If I do not like the direction I voice my opinion privately to the administration. Harassing players or a coach in a public forum is a horrible thing to do in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I don’t know how to feel about that billboard, but instinct is suggesting it’s bush league. There are ways to express displeasure to the UR administration without publicly disparaging a seemingly decent person who’s been there over a decade and had some really good teams.
Agree as well. Unless the coach is just flat out tarnishing the program (which he isn't) or losing at a level of futility that will have long-term damage implications (which he also isn't) then you keep it in-house, you complain the the athletics department, message boards are kind of fair game too. But billboard? Smacks of a "look at me, see how hilarious I am" stunt.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Here is the statement from the anonymous jackasses that created the Fire Mooney billboard.

They called out La Salle.

Maybe they could wait and see what happens after the season instead of this crap? Its going to make a coach think twice about going there. The administration might be waiting until after the season out of respect for a long time coach.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts