Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
sjhawk is confusing me, He must be going to business school.

In any case he is 100% correct. It’s bull shit that A10 teams hang on to HC’s in order to not pay buy outs. Both UR and SJU are programs that should be in the top 5 or 6 every year. Each has the resources - different resources - to be in the hunt.

I disagree with BI55 about coaches. SJU and UR can be top shelf jobs that attract top assistants or the young up and comers. The A10 shouldn’t have mediocre talent on the sidelines.

I am guessing that VCU and Dayton have expectations to make the NCAA Tourney every year. I don’t think that many UD fans expected appearances the last two years, but next year the expectation will be to win the league and be back in the tournament. I bet there multiple programs that realistically can expect to be in the tournament two out of every four years

·
Piker
8,528 Posts
It is more than the buyout. It is the return of Sherod along with the addition of Francis to go with Gilyard, Cayo, Golden and the freshmen that gained experience this year. They want to give him one more year and they think they can have a great 2019-20 season. At least that is what I am told.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts