Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
Wait. Did someone say Siena? That is someone’s cue. Where is our buddy who always advocates for their membership in the A10 any time their name comes up?
This sounds like a good get for Bona. I noticed today that another Mount St Mary's player got his release. These coaching change defections are crazy. Soon the players might not even have to sit out if their coach takes another job.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Former La Salle signee Osun Osunniyi, a 6’10” center from Putnam Science Academy, decides on Monday between (it seems) Bona, Syracuse, and Georgetown. Maryland and Florida have sniffed around, but don’t seem directly involved. Some suggest it’s between SBU and SU. He’d be a nice get for the Bonnies. We shall see.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Bonnies land 6’10” center Osun Osunniyi over Syracuse and Georgetown. Pretty daggum good get for Coach Schmidt. Osunniyi was MVP of the prep national tournament. He will join Putnam teammate Kyle Lofton at Bona.

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
I don’t think Syracuse and Georgetown fans do.
Good pick up. Looking at some of the recruiting pages on him is fascinating. He picked up good offers after opting out of La Salle. Shows how teams can pick up good players late. He probably loves small gyms. Too bad my team is all full. The Duquesne fans need to send Dambrot to VCU for the week and have him weed things out.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Do any of our Bona folks know what swayed Osunniyi to pick Bona over Syracuse? I'm guessing having Kyle Lofton already committed probably helped? I thought I read somewhere that a former La Salle assistant who recruited Osunniyi is now at Bona... but I can't find any sort of confirmation of that.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Do any of our Bona folks know what swayed Osunniyi to pick Bona over Syracuse? I'm guessing having Kyle Lofton already committed probably helped? I thought I read somewhere that a former La Salle assistant who recruited Osunniyi is now at Bona... but I can't find any sort of confirmation of that.

I am sure Lofton played some kind of a role. There is nothing official about the assistant coach yet but they might have told OO the coach was coming. I bet once JP Butler has a chance to interview OO, we will find out more.

·
Piker
8,538 Posts

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
Do all the A10 schools need to vote on whether to allow Osun Osunniyi to play in 2018-19?

21 - 40 of 132 Posts