Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
He committed without visiting Olean?
It’s best that recruits don’t actually see Olean right away.

This is a good recruit though. The 247 Composite has him right under 300 with a ton of good programs offering. The offer list is a better indicator than rankings or stars IM0 even though a 300 ranking is a lot better than it sounds.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
It’s best that recruits don’t actually see Olean right away.
Luckily, SBU is 98% self-contained and is a beautiful campus. And Allegany is quaint and a half-mile out of town it's rural. And also awesome.

A lot of Olean might resemble a shithole. But no more so than every other pancake flat lansdcape dump town you find in the midwest (read: O-h-i-o). But like most places, to see the shithole you have to seek out the shithole.

I don't know about a lot of these 18 yo kids, but I'd sign up for 4 years on almost 1000 acres staring at the Enchanted Mountains right now. Show me the dotted line.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
So I am reading these posts two ways. I need to take back the good things I’ve said about Schmidt because he should be recruiting better given the splendor of the greater Olean area. Or, maybe St Bona’s recruiting is hindered by having to go on the road to the pancake flat shit holes in league?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
St. Bonaventure’s outdoor practice facility. No need to practice indoors in Olean during the winter.

https://ak.picdn.net/offset/photos/58b0b3ba17fb156e48053c94/large_w/offset_515304.jpg
Good one Jaffie.
Yes, good one JAF, way to use the IMG feature... here let me help you out:

I don't know - the place looks incredible to me. I'd probably opt for a new nylon net though.

Cue the gripes about auto-resizing JPGs now.. I'd quadruple the size of it if I could.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Ok, I’m settled in and ready to get a glimpse of what we’ve got, minus Stockard. Looks like Schmidt’s younger son is no longer on Alfred’s roster.

61 - 80 of 132 Posts