Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Damn BR, I got a little misty-eyed watching this and thinking about where we were, where we went, and what we've gotten back to. We owe the guy a lot. Even those of us who at times criticized vocally, though I think rightfully, know that SBU scored big, and got it right when they got Mark Schmidt. I wouldn't have it any other way at this point. I hope he's here for years to come.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
After the game, they played that video that started with Bernie, and followed it up with the Road to 203 video posted by BR. Then, Mark gave his talk. It was a very nice celebration, and there were some watery eyes in the house. After his post game presser, coach then joined our 80's weekend crowd in the Hall of Fame room for a while. Class act. The only non-Bona alum coach to ever "get" St. Bonaventure.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not to start anything, but fans of a certain Boston school that used to have a good basketball program are very unhappy with the performance of their coach.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Not to start anything, but fans of a certain Boston school that used to have a good basketball program are very unhappy with the performance of their coach.
I wouldn't worry about this from our end. Five or six years ago? Sure.

Any Bona Men heading to BK this weekend? I'll be there, and I have a plan to keep it together: a pint of ice water between each whiskey.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I wouldn't worry about this from our end. Five or six years ago? Sure.

Any Bona Men heading to BK this weekend? I'll be there, and I have a plan to keep it together: a pint of ice water between each whiskey.
I’ll be there.

It's NYC, so everything already smells like piss. I doubt the folks at Barclays would mind some Himalayan seasoning to deepen the aroma.
Now now, Bill. Your anti-NYC bias is showing through. No need for city shaming.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I love New York, in a way, and times might have changed, but I remember a urine smell in the 53rd street stop on the 7th Ave. IRT about 25 years ato that surely must still be there to this day. They could have flushed that station with 100% bleach since that day and I bet it's still there. The stop at Penn Station ran a close second.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Alas, I will not be there except for possibly Sunday, and even then I might need Bona84 to send down his private jet to pick me up. Don't worry, I'll find my own way home.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Alas, I will not be there except for possibly Sunday, and even then I might need Bona84 to send down his private jet to pick me up. Don't worry, I'll find my own way home.

If 84 can get me on a private jet then I am in. Otherwise I have to sit this one out as I have a busy weekend.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts