Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I don't appreciate this effort to under-value a Spider win.

A W is a W.

Oh, I wasn't trying to poop in your cornflakes. That was just a general, overall thing on scrimmages.

There's a reason it's a scrimmage and not an exhibition game. An exhibition game is a game that doesn't count. A scrimmage is a practice where you're simulating the game if you want to, but don't actually have to.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Duquesne is playing at West Virginia now.
https://wvusports.com/watch/?Live=3774&type=Live
If they're streaming it, it's not a scrimmage. The reason we have "Secret Scrimmage" in the title of this thread is because you're not allowed to publicize scrimmages and make them open to the public to attend/view.

That's why all the reports of scrimmages are leaks and not the schools writing recaps. Although I've been out of the game for a couple years, so rules like that could change without me knowing.

·
Piker
8,532 Posts
If they're streaming it, it's not a scrimmage. The reason we have "Secret Scrimmage" in the title of this thread is because you're not allowed to publicize scrimmages and make them open to the public to attend/view.

That's why all the reports of scrimmages are leaks and not the schools writing recaps. Although I've been out of the game for a couple years, so rules like that could change without me knowing.
I know that. I was consolidating preseason games. I can create a thread if you want.

Jameer Nelson Jr had a good game last night for GW.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Jameer Nelson, Junior.

Sweet merciful crap, I am old. That was 15 years ago Jameer was leading Saint Joe's to the Elite Eight? We're all old.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
In their only exhibition game, Dayton defeated Division II Cedarville College 93-60 last night.FWIW two of UD's starters were transfers Rodney Chatman and Chase Johnson along with Crutcher, Mikesell and Toppin. A third transfer, Ibi Watson lead the team with 17 points. Dayton will have 11 players on scholarship, and opens the season on the ninth against Indiana State.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
At the same time, those from public universities do not know when to use than vs. then.

Love you all, miss the bantering between the X and Dayton fans and do try to stir things up. My bad and old strength was sciences and math, grammar was and still is slightly below average. It did help to have an athletic stamped application. smile.

Do have my issues and apologies if I get too out of hand.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Love you all, miss the bantering between the X and Dayton fans and do try to stir things up. My bad and old strength was sciences and math, grammar was and still is slightly below average. It did help to have an athletic stamped application. smile.

Do have my issues and apologies if I get too out of hand.
If they don't get out of hand enough I can sub in to add new layers of purposeful idiocy as needed.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts