Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I guess I'm not too familiar with the process. Would the school be unhappy with his performance, or would the player be unhappy with his playing time and lack of success on the court? Why not give it one more year?
Tons of players transfer now. All have their reasons. They are within their right to do. Playing time, maybe not fitting in with the school, don't fit in with the scheme, or maybe they have an inflated ego and people telling them they're better than what they are. Maybe they just think the coaches "don't show them enough love." That's just being general. It could apply to a UVM player, but those are the broad reaching reasons players leave.

Players sit down with the coaches at the end of the year and have individual meetings. They discuss the success/shortcomings and where they envision things in the future for the player. Generally during or after those happen, players make decisions on their future based on all those reasons I listed. But, it also works in many ways to re pitch the player and the program to them, especially given how many now know they can leave. Nature of the business now...and some players have to be re-recruited. Not the first time it's happened to UVM, won't be the last. Thankfully, as of late they've been able to keep most everyone around.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Would it be out of this world to say that UVM could be looking at the transfer market for another experienced big? I mean we lost Dingba for next year that was the only consistent big on defense other than Lamb. So we are now thin at that position until Davis and Ra prove they can be the next man up. I just wouldn’t be against if they went out and got someone who is immediately eligible, and is an experienced big. Could help us out a lot.

·
Premium Member
32,317 Posts
2019-20 schedule details from Abrami:

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/college/vermont/2019/03/27/uvm-mens-basketball-road-game-virginia-highlights-nonconference-slate/3288669002/

The schedule:

Home games: Boston University, George Washington, Lipscomb, Towson.

Road games: Bucknell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Northeastern, St. Bonaventure, St. John's, Virginia, Yale.

Will have Neutral site games at Mohegan which will be a combo of Rider, Columbia, and CCSU.

*Planning on filling schedule with 1 more high-major and will have another Sub-D1 at home.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
2019-20 schedule details from Abrami:

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/college/vermont/2019/03/27/uvm-mens-basketball-road-game-virginia-highlights-nonconference-slate/3288669002/

The schedule:

Home games: Boston University, George Washington, Lipscomb, Towson.

Road games: Bucknell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Northeastern, St. Bonaventure, St. John's, Virginia, Yale.

Will have Neutral site games at Mohegan which will be a combo of Rider, Columbia, and CCSU.

*Planning on filling schedule with 1 more high-major and will have another Sub-D1 at home.
Strong schedule on first blush...nicely done.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
"With the anticipation of 15 nonleague games, UVM will not host a non-Division I opponent at Patrick Gym next season, associate head coach Kyle Cieplicki confirmed."

Edit: beaten to punch by c00per

·
Premium Member
32,317 Posts
"With the anticipation of 15 nonleague games, UVM will not host a non-Division I opponent at Patrick Gym next season, associate head coach Kyle Cieplicki confirmed."

Edit: beaten to punch by c00per
Ahh, missed the word "not" in "not host". Kinda important.

Well, that's even better. Great news.

·
Premium Member
32,317 Posts
Awesome schedule. Very similar to this year's and looks like it will be equally challenging. Nice home games.

·
Registered
275 Posts

This whole press interview on YouTube is quite informative.

When asked, Becker said that he plans on coaching here next year.

Additionally, it seems that Anthony will test the waters with the draft, but is expected to be playing at UVM next year.

Becker also talked about having 'a kid up on campus yesterday' in regards to recruiting, and also says that they have been hitting the transfer portal quite hard for the one remaining scholarship. He confirmed that the winning, NCAA tournament appearances, and new facilities seem to be helping a good deal in recruiting right now.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Awesome schedule. Very similar to this year's and looks like it will be equally challenging. Nice home games.
Awesome schedule if you like to watch ESPN+. As a season ticket holder, I want more than four home OOC games. Unfortunately they’ve gotten themselves into a scheduling cycle where Dartmouth, Yale, Harvard and Northeastern are all home or all away alternating years. Wish they could balance them out.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Anyone have any ideas about who the potential recruit was who visited recently?
Possibly Aaron Falzon, a grad transfer from Northwestern. He was visiting Siena earlier in the week and the Times Union said he'd visit UVM, so would make sense to swing up to Burlington. Becker kind of confirmed they would be hitting up transfers in his presser, but I was told there's more than one guy that's been slated for visits soon.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,159 Posts
Scheduling news...in March? But what are we going to complain about in July?!

Oh, right. The lack of a press release with three-sentence blurbs on our incoming recruits.
It's a forum full of old people....we'll find something.

21 - 40 of 628 Posts