Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

601 - 620 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Lamb playing more as a wing will only go so far as it gets results and he performs well there. As much as Becker would love a feather in his cap if Lamb somehow becomes an NBA player, he's also there to win and he should put his best player in the best spot to get him wins and not worry about the next level of his career. My guess is it will all be situational. If he's doing well facing the basket one game, great. If he's not and he can go inside and do what we know he can do, great. I don't think and wouldn't want them married to that idea. I don't think either of them are, so shouldn't be much to worry about.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Some of this season's opponents also got some recognition. UNCG is #16 and Lipscomb, Yale, Bucknell and our own Stony Brook got votes. Rider got a lot of votes and we might play them at Mohegan Sun. This is a challenging schedule.

·
Registered
390 Posts
This new UI is going to take some time to get used to. Certainly less intuitive overall, but at least you don't have that Despicable Me character jiggling at you when you're writing a comment.

Anyway, did any get a chance to catch Cincy-Ohio State last night? How did they look, Cumberland in particular? They held Kaleb Wesson to 8 pts in 3-7 shooting....from the outset they looked very defensive-minded and take their time with the basketball--similar to what I've seen from UVA in that regard.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Some of this season's opponents also got some recognition. UNCG is #16 and Lipscomb, Yale, Bucknell and our own Stony Brook got votes. Rider got a lot of votes and we might play them at Mohegan Sun. This is a challenging schedule.
I have a hunch Bucknell is going to be a lot better and a tougher game than we're giving them credit for. They lose some every year, but they're always reloading and their brand gives them a huge recruiting advantage over the rest of the Patriot League.

The consensus in the Patriot League right now is similar to everyone's AE pre-season predictions from last year. Just switch Hartford with Colgate. Last year, everyone is going off about all the "talent" Hartford was returning for the 2018-19 campaign; now everyone is saying the same thing about Colgate and making Bucknell an afterthought.

They have a great history, brand and winning expectations. If UVM walks into PA with too much swagger it could be a frustrating 40 minutes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
UVM lost one of their votes in this week's AP poll. Colgate lost both of theirs and Harvard went from a couple dozen to....ZERO. Harvard came into this season embarrassingly overrated once again. Crashed back down to reality after they got absolutely torched by Northeastern.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This new UI is going to take some time to get used to. Certainly less intuitive overall, but at least you don't have that Despicable Me character jiggling at you when you're writing a comment.

Anyway, did any get a chance to catch Cincy-Ohio State last night? How did they look, Cumberland in particular? They held Kaleb Wesson to 8 pts in 3-7 shooting....from the outset they looked very defensive-minded and take their time with the basketball--similar to what I've seen from UVA in that regard.
I was a fan of being able to view new posts first. You know, like every modern social media app/site

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Anthony Lamb, with 1,418 points, passed Warren Prehmus for 12th on the all-time scoring list. Next up: Joe Calavito with 1,464

Barring injury, and averaging 20ppg in the remaining games, Anthony will likely end up in 3rd or 4th place.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I was a fan of being able to view new posts first. You know, like every modern social media app/site
True, but I'm just glad that I can read new posts and topics without having to login every time after the old board went wonky. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not always compelled to offer my thoughts, so these new developments are a net positive for me. Also, auto embedding is nice. I for one welcome our new interface overlords.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
True, but I'm just glad that I can read new posts and topics without having to login every time after the old board went wonky. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not always compelled to offer my thoughts, so these new developments are a net positive for me. Also, auto embedding is nice. I for one welcome our new interface overlords.
Haha. Really? You had to login every time on the old board?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Haha. Realy? You had to login every time on the old board?
The issues happened in the summer. Basically, at a certain point I was unable to see new posts or threads without being logged in, and it just looked like there was no activity on here. Granted, I really didn't look too much in the summer anyway and was busy enjoying the offseason, but by the time August/September rolled around I was like "why has nobody posted in months?" Only to log in and see that there had been plenty, just wasn't showing for me. I tried clearing cache, cookies, using the forum in incognito, turning off my ad blocker etc and nothing worked. It was super strange, but this new interface has fixed that issue.

Maybe it was for the best. It might have saved me getting into it with someone who thought UVM was going to go 31-2 in the regular season. Now, we're having to keep people from acting like the season is going to be a disaster because a role player is seemingly acting like a doofus and pissing off the coaches and there were some less than stellar wins to start the year. As the world turns, freinds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anthony Lamb, with 1,418 points, passed Warren Prehmus for 12th on the all-time scoring list. Next up: Joe Calavito with 1,464

Barring injury, and averaging 20ppg in the remaining games, Anthony will likely end up in 3rd or 4th place.
On the Women's side, Hanna Crymble's 22 against Minnesota gave her 1,298 for her career, good enough of 10th place All-Time. If she keeps up her 15.0 PPG rate, she could get to 6th by the end of the year.

601 - 620 of 628 Posts