Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

761 - 768 of 768 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,250 Posts
Hero ball and forcing contested 3's is not what the NBA is looking for in their 2nd round picks. They need guys who can blend in and fill roles. Getting and knocking down open 3's within an offensive structure is what the pro's at any level are going to be looking for. Anthony needs to get back to the basics of what got him noticed in the first place. He needs to realize that the current course isn't helping him and is doing just the opposite.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
He needs to realize that the current course isn't helping him and is doing just the opposite.
I wonder how this works. Would the coaching staff just bow down to the best player on the team with seniority and NBA aspirations and give him free reign to play "around" the system instead of inside it?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Lamb's sudden moves inside have worked against a lot of opposing teams. It's his strength! When he uses that strength he gets open 3 pt shots. To the NBA, the biggest thing now is his success in the 19-20 season. Come on, AL, do what you do best!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have no Idea how the process actually works and also pulling this straight out of my ass but could Shungu possibly be preparing to transfer? (that explain why he isn't playing despite medical clearance?)

(again I really don't know anything about transfer dynamics ~ or waivers etc seeing as he already sat a year with us...)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have no Idea how the process actually works and also pulling this straight out of my ass but could Shungu possibly be preparing to transfer? (that explain why he isn't playing despite medical clearance?)

(again I really don't know anything about transfer dynamics ~ or waivers etc seeing as he already sat a year with us...)
I'd be surprised if a former walk-on with family ties to UVM decided to bounce.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm friends with a few of Benny's relatives. From what they said, he's been trying to get back on the court every game, but it seems to be "game time decisions" every game.

Maybe we'll see him on Saturday

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Bailey Patella is currently leading the team in 3 pt shooting at .444 followed by Davis (.409) and Beckett who, with his limited minutes, is 2-5.

We need Benny back to get our perimeter game in check.

761 - 768 of 768 Posts