Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

761 - 780 of 966 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,375 Posts
Hero ball and forcing contested 3's is not what the NBA is looking for in their 2nd round picks. They need guys who can blend in and fill roles. Getting and knocking down open 3's within an offensive structure is what the pro's at any level are going to be looking for. Anthony needs to get back to the basics of what got him noticed in the first place. He needs to realize that the current course isn't helping him and is doing just the opposite.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
He needs to realize that the current course isn't helping him and is doing just the opposite.
I wonder how this works. Would the coaching staff just bow down to the best player on the team with seniority and NBA aspirations and give him free reign to play "around" the system instead of inside it?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Lamb's sudden moves inside have worked against a lot of opposing teams. It's his strength! When he uses that strength he gets open 3 pt shots. To the NBA, the biggest thing now is his success in the 19-20 season. Come on, AL, do what you do best!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have no Idea how the process actually works and also pulling this straight out of my ass but could Shungu possibly be preparing to transfer? (that explain why he isn't playing despite medical clearance?)

(again I really don't know anything about transfer dynamics ~ or waivers etc seeing as he already sat a year with us...)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have no Idea how the process actually works and also pulling this straight out of my ass but could Shungu possibly be preparing to transfer? (that explain why he isn't playing despite medical clearance?)

(again I really don't know anything about transfer dynamics ~ or waivers etc seeing as he already sat a year with us...)
I'd be surprised if a former walk-on with family ties to UVM decided to bounce.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm friends with a few of Benny's relatives. From what they said, he's been trying to get back on the court every game, but it seems to be "game time decisions" every game.

Maybe we'll see him on Saturday

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Bailey Patella is currently leading the team in 3 pt shooting at .444 followed by Davis (.409) and Beckett who, with his limited minutes, is 2-5.

We need Benny back to get our perimeter game in check.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I may be misinterpreting something, but it sounds like Lamb is on track to graduate early this month. That means he'll be able to devote 100% of his time to the draft process once the season ends. He's really going all-in. I can only imagine the extra time on his hands will be extremely beneficial in conference play and staying healthy too.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Bailey Patella is currently leading the team in 3 pt shooting at .444 followed by Davis (.409) and Beckett who, with his limited minutes, is 2-5.

We need Benny back to get our perimeter game in check.
The 3 point line is about a foot longer this year. Does anyone know what the pct. is this year versus last for all D1? UVM is way down, but it’s not just because the line is moved back.

·
Premium Member
32,795 Posts
11 days until next next game- good opportunity to get guys healthy/rest and get some work in on the court.

·
Registered
67 Posts
While there's a break in the action, I've got a question for those of you who are up on the plans for the Tarrant Center. From what I've read, it appears that the seating in the new arena will be around 3,200 - the same as in Patrick Gym. Is that accurate? Is there any flexibility in the design to be able to increase the capacity should there be a future demand for it?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
While there's a break in the action, I've got a question for those of you who are up on the plans for the Tarrant Center. From what I've read, it appears that the seating in the new arena will be around 3,200 - the same as in Patrick Gym. Is that accurate? Is there any flexibility in the design to be able to increase the capacity should there be a future demand for it?
I suggest you read the
UVM New Arena Thread

·
Registered
97 Posts
I sure hope so, but I have never seen that ? answered.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I attended a thing about the new arena when the formal announcement was made. Yes, the seating capacity is about the same as Patrick Gym. The administration stressed that they spent a lot of time visiting comparable program arenas and they were very convinced that trying to maintain the atmosphere of the current gym was critical. They said that they attended many events at similar sized programs and the arenas were often times more than half empty. They thought that would do a disservice to the program. It sounded like they have flexibility in how they set the space up for other events, but also, it sounded like there would be space for standing room as well.

But...yeah...check out the other thread...there's pages and pages of debate...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Without looking at any stats, it has felt like Stef has been UVM's best player this year. Since Lamb went cold from 3, Stef has seemed to be really consistent and a really good scorer and passer.

I'll look at some stats later. What do you guys think? Who is UVM's best player/performer right now? I'm not talking about the ability to be good (Obviously Lamb).

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Without looking at any stats, it has felt like Stef has been UVM's best player this year. Since Lamb went cold from 3, Stef has seemed to be really consistent and a really good scorer and passer.

I'll look at some stats later. What do you guys think? Who is UVM's best player/performer right now? I'm not talking about the ability to be good (Obviously Lamb).
Ummm...I'm gonna go with Lamb. Yes, Stef has probably shot a higher 3pt percentage than Lamb and more 3 pointers than Lamb, but I'd bet that Lamb has a better point avg per game. He also rebounds and is a better defender than Stef. When Lamb is playing with in the system - not trying to take over the game and do everything himself, he is a very tough assignment. He's very versatile. He can score inside, mid-range and has proven he can knock down threes.

761 - 780 of 966 Posts