Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

841 - 860 of 1187 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,157 Posts
I mean, Dickie V no longer that relevant but he was a part of my childhood growing up watching/college basketball. Could never imagine actively disliking him. Brings an old fashioned excitement, joy when he still covers games that’s refreshing/nostalgic.

Reactions: bosiydid

·
Registered
502 Posts
A couple thoughts
Lamb does not quite look like Lamb this year (or, not the Lamb Senior Season I was hoping for). Minor injury? Supporting cast issues? Pressure? Something else?

The home loss to SBU hurts (1.5 game sout of first and downa tiebreaker as of now), but there are many games left. SBU looks much improved. Hoping we can pick it up

·
Registered
14,156 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,157 Posts
A couple thoughts
Lamb does not quite look like Lamb this year (or, not the Lamb Senior Season I was hoping for). Minor injury? Supporting cast issues? Pressure? Something else?

The home loss to SBU hurts (1.5 game sout of first and downa tiebreaker as of now), but there are many games left. SBU looks much improved. Hoping we can pick it up
The unfortunate reality is that Lamb's surrounded by the least offensive talent UVM's had since he's been on campus. Just look at his teammates from freshmen year-to now. Unfortunate this being his senior year, but here we are. Hopefully, the bench contributes more as conference play goes on, but season is 16 games in so far.....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have to agree with Bosiydid that as much as I'd like to see it, Anthony's probably not NBA-bound for the long haul. Too short to be a PF, too inconsistent from the perimeter to be a wing, He's built something like Draymond Green, but doesn't have the full range of inside-outside tools that Draymond has. That said, 10 or 15 years of a starring role in Europe would be one heck of a lifestyle. And he's 9 of 19 from behind the arc over his last four games, compared to 3 of 24 in his first four games this year, so perhaps the outside shooting will continue on an upswing.

·
Registered
780 Posts
A couple thoughts

Playing better now, more befitting his game at the college level, but does seem to trying to do too much to some extent. I think it’s combo of trying to impress the scouts, lack of supporting cast, and what he perceives he needs to do (mostly rightly so) as the best player and captain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know very few people will agree with me,but last years team was better than what we have shown this year ! This year we have only two players we can count on in just about every game. When other players perform better than they usually do, we can defeat every one in the AE (Unless SB played way over there heads wed. -They would defeat UVM 7 out of 10 games. Lets hope one of those 3 games are in the play-0ffs, so we get to dance---We might not be there again for quite some time. Hope I am wrong about all this, and we start playing like the coaching staff though we would.. Don't we ever look to recruit players who can start penetrating to the hoop--stop on a dime and get off a good jump shot--with the exception of Lamb, all the guys are stand still shooters, needing lots of space.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know very few people will agree with me,but last years team was better than what we have shown this year ! This year we have only two players we can count on in just about every game. When other players perform better than they usually do, we can defeat every one in the AE (Unless SB played way over there heads wed. -They would defeat UVM 7 out of 10 games. Lets hope one of those 3 games are in the play-0ffs, so we get to dance---We might not be there again for quite some time. Hope I am wrong about all this, and we start playing like the coaching staff though we would.. Don't we ever look to recruit players who can start penetrating to the hoop--stop on a dime and get off a good jump shot--with the exception of Lamb, all the guys are stand still shooters, needing lots of space.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry, I forgot Smith, he is not a true "stop and pop" guy, but gets his shot off quick and in traffic........

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think most people now agree with you. It’s obvious watching this team that they are not as good as last year.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I’d argue this is the weakest team we’ve had in the 4 years Lamb has been here. That doesn’t mean they’re not good, they’re still plenty good. But the balance isn’t quite what it has been.

The one caveat relative to last year is that Shungu hasn’t been full strength for many games, including the last one. That may be a pretty big factor if he’s rolling in March.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
I’d argue this is the weakest team we’ve had in the 4 years Lamb has been here. That doesn’t mean they’re not good, they’re still plenty good. But the balance isn’t quite what it has been.

The one caveat relative to last year is that Shungu hasn’t been full strength for many games, including the last one. That may be a pretty big factor if he’s rolling in March.
I don't always get the shungu love... Great role player but I don't know... I'll defer to you guys but part of me thinks you guys constantly overrate him. I've watched play plenty and while I consistently think OK... Decent. I'm not wr really blown away. Maybe I need to watch him more. I don't see all your games.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
I have to agree with Bosiydid that as much as I'd like to see it, Anthony's probably not NBA-bound for the long haul. Too short to be a PF, too inconsistent from the perimeter to be a wing, He's built something like Draymond Green, but doesn't have the full range of inside-outside tools that Draymond has. That said, 10 or 15 years of a starring role in Europe would be one heck of a lifestyle. And he's 9 of 19 from behind the arc over his last four games, compared to 3 of 24 in his first four games this year, so perhaps the outside shooting will continue on an upswing.
Lamb gonna stack bills in Europe...many bills.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,725 Posts

It's the weakest team because we haven't gotten the impact from the last two freshmen classes that we've previously gotten. Next years freshman class needs to be better if UVM is going to maintain the level they've been playing at the previous decade.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
PS- Beckett and Shungu are both 4-9 from 3, but Beckett's only played 49 minutes. Deloney's played 149 minutes and is 4-26. Nobody's shooting great from 3, but with those numbers it seems like it might make sense to give Beckett a few more shots at it on a team that has yet to "find itself."

·
Registered
461 Posts
I don't always get the shungu love... Great role player but I don't know... I'll defer to you guys but part of me thinks you guys constantly overrate him. I've watched play plenty and while I consistently think OK... Decent. I'm not wr really blown away. Maybe I need to watch him more. I don't see all your games.

Good player, but what he really brings is the toughness/fire, which seems to elevate others around him a bit.

841 - 860 of 1187 Posts