861 - 880 of 1187 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,725 Posts
Reactions: UVM Hoop Cat

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Wonder what the explanation will be. It was never clear to me why he red shirted in the first place. I happy about the depth, but it’s too bad he lost out of 16 games.
Yeah hopefully they'll make the most of it, but would have much preferred to have him available for the first half of the year ?. Also essentially kills 2 red shirts since you figure one of him or Duncan D should have done it...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lamb has regressed from last season. I have no idea what it is....

Hate to say it - I think this is where a lot of the problem is. He is shooting under 40% fg this year. That is not good.
He is not making others around him better... Hopefully its a funk and he will turn it around soon.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,725 Posts
Hate to say it - I think this is where a lot of the problem is. He is shooting under 40% fg this year. That is not good.
He is not making others around him better... Hopefully its a funk and he will turn it around soon.
He's taking more long jump shots. He's spending less time on the post. When he does he's getting double teamed almost before he makes a catch.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think it’s a combo of a early season shooting slump and the fact that he is getting double and tripled teamed the second he touches the ball down low. Teams are Belicheking the Catamounts and making anyone else besides Lamb best them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Realist/A-hole
5,725 Posts
That was an unfortunate injury for Isiah. Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked, that had high ankle sprain written all over it.

·
Premium Member
33,157 Posts
Lamb has regressed from last season. I have no idea what it is....
No.

He’s facing double and triple teams from every mid-major we’ve played thus far. Combination of being forced outside the paint and teammates have not been stepping up consistently ex-Stef.

Reactions: VCat_2015

·
Registered
489 Posts
No.

He’s facing double and triple teams from every mid-major we’ve played thus far. Combination of being forced outside the paint and teammates have not been stepping up consistently ex-Stef.
Its a combo. But to think Lamb is blameless shooting under 40% is silly. He is settling for the 3 and I think he is letting the next step on his journey distract him. He is great and I expect him to round back into form soon - but to pretend like it is just the supporting cast is silly.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,725 Posts
Its a combo. But to think Lamb is blameless shooting under 40% is silly. He is settling for the 3 and I think he is letting the next step on his journey distract him. He is great and I expect him to round back into form soon - but to pretend like it is just the supporting cast is silly.
This was true early in the season. That's not the case now nor really since the Yale game.

Reactions: UVM Hoop Cat

·
Premium Member
33,157 Posts
Lamb had a real tough stretch during Rider/Yale/Cincy/Towson. That stretch, and game 1 against St. Bonaventure, is what has hurt his FG% so effectively outside that 4-game stretch he’s been very good and vintage Lamb.

Playing 9min in the Gallaudet game, which was silly and should have been a DNP, also dragged down his scoring average.

861 - 880 of 1187 Posts