Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1164 Posts

·
Comrade Fox
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,082
As a UVM fan who also happens to be a total dork for sporting venues (actually wrote a paper my senior year about my special interest in them), I loved this article.

And as the only human being alive (probably) who is a diehard fan of UVM and the A's, it reminds me of the article the nyt put out before last year's Wild Card Game at the Coliseum which was a rare praising of the venue, and in a way it feels like there's a lot of similarities between the two (it's a shithole, but it's our shithole dammit...and a building that's created so many memories for all of us; in an era of flashy sparkly new venues sometimes it's a nice change of pace to go see a game at an old, rowdy venue).

Thankfully Patrick at least does not have a Mount Davis. Fuck Mount Davis.

·
Premium Member
33,131 Posts
Wills could defend a lot of different players, including forwards, so provided a bit more versatility. Shungu probably a better on-ball defender against PGs, however.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'd say Shungu much better in terms of the total effect he has on defense and his ability to shut down opposing offenses.

Dre Wills was insanely athletic and had a lot more blocks and other things we all remember, but Shungu is such a good on-ball defender that he doesn't even let players take shots.

That said, this year has been the best team defense I've ever seen. So while Shungu primarily guards the opposing teams most dynamic guard, he's still a cog in the Becker's defensive machine and every player on the court deserves credit for UVM's defensive prowess.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Question for season ticket holders: anyone else getting "technical difficulties" after you hit to submit payment for your semifinal tickets in the online portal?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Question for season ticket holders: anyone else getting "technical difficulties" after you hit to submit payment for your semifinal tickets in the online portal?
I resubmitted 3 times: once for forgetting to hit the terms box at the bottom, once for having an expired credit card, and once for forgetting to update the 3 digit CVV code which I had to enter on purchase NOT on the CC screen for some reason?!?

·
U of AZ 72
52 Posts
If Shungu and Wills played each other one-on-one, after an hour it would still be scoreless
Giddens has looked pretty good the last couple games . Hope it is because he and team synching , especially if Davis injured . Happy for Everett to see him returning to form . Poor Robin can't catch a break lately. Would like to know the status of Davis and Robin.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,712 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,131 Posts
Lamb USBWA all-District 1:

Paul Atkinson, Yale
Alpha Diallo, Providence
David Duke, Providence
Juvaris Hayes, Merrimack
Anthony Lamb, Vermont