Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Big-time local recruit! Love the video and love getting DMV guys to stay home. This roster will look dangerous in two years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just paying homage to a legend.

"According to family lore, this is how Pops's great-great grandfather got his name: In the Asanti language of his family's Ghanaian region, Mensah means three, and Pops's ancestor was the third-born son. The Bonsu part came after a tribal war. The fighting began deep inland, but Pops's great-great-grandfather fought and fought until he emerged on the Ghanaian coast.
"He decided to go out and kill a whale to prove that he was there; that's how my father tells it," Audrey said. "He speared a whale. In Asanti, Bonsu is 'Whale.' "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/2006/03/16/pops-has-proud-parents/382298dd-c32d-4473-87a0-9e9452f497e9/

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Mr. Mensa-Bonsu could have maybe just built a deck or chugged a beer or lifted something really heavy instead of killing that poor whale, though. Those things are way more manly.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Big-time local recruit! Love the video and love getting DMV guys to stay home. This roster will look dangerous in two years.
So, is “a dangerous looking” roster the same as a recruit having “ major upside”?

It’s good that GW appears to be heading in the right direction, but don’t for a second believe you’ll be Preseason Champions. The GW administration’s inept management of the Lonergan situation and hiring an interim HC that wasn’t prepared to manage a program like GW hurt the conference.

·
Piker
9,031 Posts
So, is “a dangerous looking” roster the same as a recruit having “ major upside”?

It’s good that GW appears to be heading in the right direction, but don’t for a second believe you’ll be Preseason Champions. The GW administration’s inept management of the Lonergan situation and hiring an interim HC that wasn’t prepared to manage a program like GW hurt the conference.
But they have great soft salted pretzels at the Smith Center. La Salle and GW are at the top of that list.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts

JAF has been throwing Jose Mesa (Señor) smoke lately!

·
Registered
3 Posts

lol. Totally forgot about that whole fiasco that doomed GW basketball for the rest of eternity. I'll try to temper my enthusiasm a little more next time. Thanks man.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
lol. Totally forgot about that whole fiasco that doomed GW basketball for the rest of eternity. I'll try to temper my enthusiasm a little more next time. Thanks man.
No need to temper your enthusiasm. There’s been a running joke on the forum about recruiting analysts tagging recruits as having “upside”.

But I know how you guys are. You’re going to try to claim Preseason Championships.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts