Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Sounds eerily similar to another site I know
Yeah... it’s probably just a general human behavior (or general sports fan) thing and not unique to Bona fans, but it gets so frustrating to read when one cares about the content/topic at hand.

A lot of the problems stem from board organization (lack of sufficient sub-forums, etc.) and the time commitment necessary for aggressive moderation to keep people on topic and in the right forum.

Over there, you’ll see non-hoops threads about non-revenue sports, enrollment, Olean/local issues, local rivals, basketball camps, high school sports, wearing Bona gear in public, and a litany of other off-topic prompts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yeah... it’s probably just a general human behavior (or general sports fan) thing and not unique to Bona fans, but it gets so frustrating to read when one cares about the content/topic at hand.

A lot of the problems stem from board organization (lack of sufficient sub-forums, etc.) and the time commitment necessary for aggressive moderation to keep people on topic and in the right forum.

Over there, you’ll see non-hoops threads about non-revenue sports, enrollment, Olean/local issues, local rivals, basketball camps, high school sports, wearing Bona gear in public, and a litany of other off-topic prompts.
Yeah, I think you're right that it's just a typical reality of most programs/sports fans. But equally as frustrating when having to weed out all of the non-relevant stuff or flat-out wrong posts thrown out all over the place.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
What is really funny is your name came up recently on the BW asking where you had gone because you had good info. res, in very res like fashion, cryptically alluded to your multiple suspensions
Yeah. Saying the beat writer (who was sitting and laughing with me at the bar as I posted) died from writing bad ledes is, apparently, a no-no for the new moderator.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
That means that, combined with Lofton, next year’s backcourt will be better than our previous best backcourt in the universe!

31-0 and a trip to the first four in Dayton, baby!
Posley/Adams .. best in the nation
Adams/Mobley .. best in the universe
Lofton/Welch .. best in history

+AJV? The world may spontaneously combust.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts