Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Gannon really isn't the problem. Not that I'm a big fan of this game, but I'm assuming they had a few balls in the air for that 31st game that all came crashing down and it came down to a decision between a D2 or no one. The schedule would have been just fine if Bona had been invited to almost any other exempt tournament than the relocated "Belfast Classic". That one has done them no favors, save for the Hofstra home game which is a decent get.

And I'm afraid the scheduling problem ain't going to get any easier. It's looking like in future years Bona won't be able to get a game against a P5/6 team except as part of an exempt tournament. I'm skeptical that the MWC challenge will move the needle.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Look, UB played non-D1 opponents in the past few years, including during tournament seasons. It's not the end of the world.

It is unacceptable though, and this better be a one time thing.

ETA: I mean buy somebody right? Buy SW Jackson State U. or someone D1. Find 50K somewhere and fly their ass up to WNY for a game.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
No, it’s not the end of the world. Doesn’t count towards RPI if that means anything anymore. Haven’t looked to see if it impacts the NCAA’s NET thingy. Probably not, but I’ll let JP inform me on that one.

Not sure, but I’d almost rather not schedule the 31st game if this is what it comes to.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I enjoy drinking in bars a lot more than I think I would owning or running one. It also uses up less cash.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts