Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
HIghlights from last night vs Houston Baptist. HBU was bad, but it gets this thread to the top of the board.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Dayton's got a good team this year.
And has the distinction of being the only Top 25 team without a road game in OOC.
Maybe a new JP formula for A10 success?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
JP should study UD’s OOC this year. Compare it to Duke’s. Duke has one less OOC game and one less home game than UD. Duke has four neutral site games to UD’s five. Duke played at Michigan State only because of TV contract. It seems that UD scheduled like a P5 program. Maybe the A10 should take notice.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I think Duke will have 2 less OOC games than Dayton (11 vs 13), because the ACC is playing a 20 game conference schedule this year.
So, Duke has 10 home/neutral and 1 road game, vs. 13 home/neutral/no road games for Dayton in OOC.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
We’re 13th in the most recent NET ranking, so not playing a true OOC didn’t hurt. I am certain that the committee will use this to move the Flyer’s to the 8/9 seed line or justify some other screw job if they make the tournament. We usually have a H&H with a P5 but didn’t this year. We don’t get the made for TV road games that the pundits gush over, so fuck em. Neutral site games against 2, 28, 29, 48 and 70 is nothing to be ashamed about.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I wasn't bashing your record. I do think it's beneficial to test yourself in a true road game or two...but that's just me.
More importantly, the NET result might cause a rethink on how to approach anyone's schedule. Good neutral games against some quality people seem to work out just fine in whatever the hell the NET calculation really is. They might not have the value of a road win, but enough of them seems to help a lot.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts