Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chase isn't "done" at UD...he withdrew for the semester. Coach Grant said that "everything is on the table" in regards to Johnson, which obviously includes the possibility of his returning to Dayton to play basketball.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Chase isn't "done" at UD...he withdrew for the semester. Coach Grant said that "everything is on the table" in regards to Johnson, which obviously includes the possibility of his returning to Dayton to play basketball.
I would be surprised if Chase plays agin for the Flyer’s Swampy. I like Chase’s game, but I can’t see UD holding a scholarship for a player that may or not be medically cleared to play next fall.

·
Piker
8,972 Posts
Like the 6’9” kids who say they’re small forwards, I’d imagine the 6’6” Weaver is not a true point guard?
I saw him play a couple times last year. He is pretty good at point. Similar to the Purdue guard that just transferred to (I think) Michigan. He was also a true point guard at 6'6. Lofton better be ready or he is gonna get Wilson imprinted on his forehead.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I saw him play a couple times last year. He is pretty good at point. Similar to the Purdue guard that just transferred to (I think) Michigan. He was also a true point guard at 6'6. Lofton better be ready or he is gonna get Wilson imprinted on his forehead.
Lofton has to improve offensively to handle the better/true PGs. He's good all around, but has lapses in his passing game and occasional hiccups handling the ball. Defensively he is adequate but we could use a "stop ball" guy. I still don't see him as an outstanding true PG, but that's what he's been asked to be. He has a real dynamic game that's allowed to show when someone else runs the point.

now... back to discussing UD, easily penciled into my top 3 for 20-21.

·
Piker
8,972 Posts
Lofton has to improve offensively to handle the better/true PGs. He's good all around, but has lapses in his passing game and occasional hiccups handling the ball. Defensively he is adequate but we could use a "stop ball" guy. I still don't see him as an outstanding true PG, but that's what he's been asked to be. He has a real dynamic game that's allowed to show when someone else runs the point.

now... back to discussing UD, easily penciled into my top 3 for 20-21.
I was just goofing around due to the other player's ridiculous height for a point guard. Lofton is a very good player. Wonder if Schmidt has thought of moving him over to the 2. I know you want a player like that to have the ball in his hands. For VCU and the shooting woes I think about what would happen if they would move Bones off the ball more so he could get open looks. I am hopeful that Ace Baldwin will be a true point guard and allow for that scenario to happen. That being said, Bones and Lofton are so good it is hard to take the ball out of their hands at point.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I was just goofing around due to the other player's ridiculous height for a point guard. Lofton is a very good player. Wonder if Schmidt has thought of moving him over to the 2. I know you want a player like that to have the ball in his hands. For VCU and the shooting woes I think about what would happen if they would move Bones off the ball more so he could get open looks. I am hopeful that Ace Baldwin will be a true point guard and allow for that scenario to happen. That being said, Bones and Lofton are so good it is hard to take the ball out of their hands at point.
Bones is the reason why I don’t think that VCU isnt going to be down as much as some are expecting. He is good and hopefully VCU wont have all the external noise

·
Piker
8,972 Posts
Bones is the reason why I don’t think that VCU isnt going to be down as much as some are expecting. He is good and hopefully VCU wont have all the external noise
He is a good one. Combos have been an issue the last three years in my opinion. Too many combos and players being yanked in and out. Rhoades calls it the Army approach but I prefer to roll with your best 8 or 9 getting big minutes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dayton may just get a 4 star 6'9" PF for the 2020-21 season as former Florida recruit Chase Johnson was part of a required ZOOM team meeting on 6/23/20 and word is he refered to his teammates as FAMILY and there are many twitter messages saying he intends to return. This is great news and should put the Flyers in the mix to finish high again and challenge for another A-10 crown (contingent on Jalen Crutcher and Ibi Watson's returning instead of going pro.)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Dayton may just get a 4 star 6'9" PF for the 2020-21 season as former Florida recruit Chase Johnson was part of a required ZOOM team meeting on 6/23/20 and word is he refered to his teammates as FAMILY and there are many twitter messages saying he intends to return. This is great news and should put the Flyers in the mix to finish high again and challenge for another A-10 crown (contingent on Jalen Crutcher and Ibi Watson's returning instead of going pro.)
I really liked Chase’s game when he played last year, but he has gone through a shit ton physically and mentally. I hope he comes back but Dave Jablonski/DDN couldn’t confirm that he was coming back despite the Google Zoom. Ibi Watson already withdrew his name. Most Faithful expect that next year’s A10 player of the year will be back leading Grant to another COY award.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts