Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 171 Posts

·
The People's Champ
709 Posts
You gonna really try that nonsense with UMBC missing two significant contributors (KenPom) in Akin and Curran for most of the year?

Stop it, you're better then this...
bruh... LAMB was hurt the first game and you come back with.. but, Akin and Curran was hurt.. Lamb is better than both of those put together times 3 (exaggeration obviously, dont hurt me CharlieMike ;) ... Lol come on man!

·
The People's Champ
709 Posts
Becker is 107-21 in AE regular season during Becker's time at UVM. LoL. Those step backs people are wishing for? Haven't been happening.
for real.. UVM losing TBH, didn't miss a beat. Losing Duncan, NOT going to miss a beat either. They have two amazing constants next year.. Becker and LAMB... LAMB LAMB LAMB!! those two losses to UMBC in reg season didn't mean shit when they got blown out in the title game...

UVM

everyone else... by a long shot

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I think he missed the first game but the cyclical nature is very true.

We are making an assumption that SBU hires a good coach and everyone stays. But if someone like Yeboah can graduate, then that has a huge impact on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone sent me a PM last night, not sure how true but Yeboah apparently is set to graduate in 3 years. Can anyone confirm it's true? SBU is in a lot of flux right now...we'll see how it plays out.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
bruh... LAMB was hurt the first game and you come back with.. but, Akin and Curran was hurt.. Lamb is better than both of those put together times 3 (exaggeration obviously, dont hurt me CharlieMike ;) ... Lol come on man!
No it's freaking hilarious you spinning that UVM gets a pass for losing Lamb for one game, discount UMBC losing two important pieces and then still beating UVM when Lamb came back.

·
The People's Champ
709 Posts
okay, you're comparing Akin/Curran to Lamb... UMBC beating UVM is not the rule, it was an exception this year.... sure there are chances they can beat UVM with Curran and Akin back, but even with those two back, UMBC still loses some important pieces, but, IMO (these are all opinions, so no need to get your panties in a bunch), IMO, UMBC isn't touching UVM in AE play next year, no one is, and it's ok pal..

still stands:

UVM > everyone else, not close because of LAMB and Becker

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
It's also been awhile since we've really needed someone to make a big jump. With Ernie leaving that opportunity is there. I like the talent on the team and with the incoming players but we will see if anyone can fill that void. I'm optimistic based on what I've seen and how the program has been able to keep rolling but it's definitely an unknown. Still though....Lamb>everyone else.
As long as Becker and Lamb are at UVM, UVM will be at or near top of the league. Lamb is that good...

As good as Becker has been with the record and everything, he still has 3 NCAA trips. Nothing is a given, this year UVM had a clear 1/2 punch...next year they don't. They have 1 and then the rest needs to be figured out.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
okay, you're comparing Akin/Curran to Lamb... UMBC beating UVM is not the rule, it was an exception this year.... sure there are chances they can beat UVM with Curran and Akin back, but even with those two back, UMBC still loses some important pieces, but, IMO (these are all opinions, so no need to get your panties in a bunch), IMO, UMBC isn't touching UVM in AE play next year, no one is, and it's ok pal..

still stands:

UVM > everyone else, not close because of LAMB and Becker
UMBC beating you is the exception? UMBC is 3 out of the 4 including beating you on your home court to win a trip to the dance last year. LOL...but like you said, you didn't miss a beat.

·
The People's Champ
709 Posts
UMBC beating you is the exception? UMBC is 3 out of the 4 including beating you on your home court to win a trip to the dance last year. LOL...
sorry buddy, wish I could say I played in that game! haha, not a UVM fanboy... just giving them/Lamb, the credit they deserve.. he's a hell of a player, and he can only get better, with a stacked team and one hell of a coach..

and sure, I will entertain you.. UMBC and any AE team can beat UVM on any given day sure (unless your MAINE, HARTFORD and UNH next year, sit the f down!)

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Slow down. I'm still trying to figure out how we'll replace the production of Ward, Urquhart, Bell-Haynes, Rohrer, and Henson.
Clearly is wasn't that big a loss considering they sat somewhere at home watching UMBC take out UVA and then got embarrassed by Middle Tennessee...no?

;)

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
By the way, the only person we lose that played a key role was Joe Sherburne (who is incredibly tough to replace because he was a great post defender and very good shooter).

What Max and Dan provide is a lot of athleticism in the post that we missed because neither Sam or Nolan are as good as those guys. Plus we had a scholarship used on Max Portmann who didn’t play at all.

This is not to say that we run the table with them. I do believe that we don’t struggle with Blago like we did if Max and Dan are playing. It also means someone more dynamic is defending Lamb and would have allowed Joe to be more of a stretch 4 than a 5 most of that game.

I wouldn’t overlook how key those guys are. They move Arkel to the 3 and Horvath to a 3/4 next year and while Curran isn’t a great shooter he can at least make some outside shots whereas Sam and Nolan absolutely wouldn’t.

All that said I would never argue anything other than UVM is still the favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
With all due respect to bos, my gut tells me that Vermont actually will be better next year.
Only losing two guys? C'mon. This year was a rebuild after losing an epic class.

Having only seen typical youtube vids of Deloney (is it a coincidence that no one ever misses a shot in those?), I think he plays early. If he is a productive shooter, he's getting someone's minutes. If I'm wrong, then Stef/Robin/Shungu and anyone else who's healthy should suffice.
Big men take longer to develop. Kpedi and Davis will improve. How much will decide the high water mark for the '20 Catamounts.

The discussion NEXT year at this time will regard the graduation of an all time great. Replacing that one guy will be a serious issue. But for now we can nibble around the edges.

61 - 80 of 171 Posts