Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I'm having a real hard time thinking about next season without purple and gold glasses. 5 talented starters returning for their sophomore year. At least 2 talented incoming freshman, and development from Clark, Lauderdale, and French.

I see a huge improvement from UA, saying nothing about Jerotic and the two open ships.

I still see another dominant year from UVM, but even if I think conservatively about UA they have to be [URL=http://www.basketballforum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] for next season at the moment.
UMBC returns everyone that matters and gets two injured kids back...Sherbourne is a big loss and they need shooting but Odom is a proven commodity in that he ALWAYS gets his team ready to go and motivated. I think if he can get a shooter or two they remain IMO clear #2 with the kids they have and returning from injury. Defense wins...and Albany needs to show more fight on that end. Albany's range is 2-5...I have them a conservative 3 right now but wouldn't be surprised if they finished 2 or 4. Would be disappointed with 5 with the young talent they have but with a full season under their belt. Will still be one of the youngest teams in the country (pending last two 'ships) but with solid experience under their belt.

Albany has a critical need, a PG that can organize the offense, NOT turn the ball over and who can get Healy his shots, and get Lulka the ball where he needs it. Until I see a PG worth a damn 'ima gonna be conservative.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So much of how UA's season is going to depend on landing a PG or relying on Clark to make a big jump. Love the kid, understand why he's infuriating, but I'm certain he's going to put in the work this summer. Hopefully it pays off

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
So much of how UA's season is going to depend on landing a PG or relying on Clark to make a big jump. Love the kid, understand why he's infuriating, but I'm certain he's going to put in the work this summer. Hopefully it pays off
Clarks problem is right between his ears...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just like TBH did after his junior year. Trying to get feedback for next year.
For TBH it didn’t mean anything as he wasn’t invited to any combines, team events or clinics, so no feedback was given to him.

Lamb though will definitely get invited. A real no-brained decision. Nothing to lose and not really any injury risk either.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Is Jon Rothstein's source "UVM's season-ending presser from like 3 weeks ago?" Wasn't this discussed that this was something that was going to happen, for exactly the reasons explained in this thread? Certainly makes sense for any player who has high-level basketball as a career aspiration (be it in the higher-end of Europe, the G-League, or God willing the fringes of the NBA).

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Is Jon Rothstein's source "UVM's season-ending presser from like 3 weeks ago?" Wasn't this discussed that this was something that was going to happen, for exactly the reasons explained in this thread? Certainly makes sense for any player who has high-level basketball as a career aspiration (be it in the higher-end of Europe, the G-League, or God willing the fringes of the NBA).
BFP, 4/18/19: UVM basketball: Star junior Anthony Lamb declares early for NBA Draft. Anthony's sensible statement:
With the support of my coaches and family, I have decided to test the waters and declare as an early entrant for the 2019 NBA Draft. I’m looking forward to gathering feedback regarding the strengths and weaknesses of my game directly from NBA front offices. I intend to learn and improve during this process.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

·
Gr8t Dane
707 Posts
Starting to look interesting for 19/20!

• UVM: Keeps being UVM and doing UVM things
  • UA: Starting lineup becomes Soph's, adds JoJo Anderson, Jerotic, and 2 talented Freshman, with one more coming
  • UMBC: not much added yet, but they will be there again
  • SBU: lose a coach and their best player, but great recruits
  • Bing- Bringing in size, return the ROY, and will be better
  • Hart: Lose everything, but adding a 4 star and a 3 star recruit as transfers has to keep them in decent shape
  • UML: lose a great player, but they have a great coach and a solid core
  • Maine: Improvements shown last year, I bet they continue to improve and surprise some people again this year
  • UNH: probably still the worst team in D1 this coming season...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Can anyone shed some light on the lack of recruiting news by UMBC and Odom? One year ago they made history in the tourney. A year later they make it back to the AE championship without their two stars from the previous year. It's clear this man can coach and has stayed committed to UMBC despite offers to coach at a higher level. What is possibly getting in the way of landing some solid talent?

121 - 140 of 171 Posts