Registered
8,007 Posts
UMBC’s starting five next year should be:

6’4” Eytle Rock
6’2” Jackson
6’10” Horvath
6’9” Curran
6’8” Akin

Unless some things change with eligibility from transfers.

My guess is Horvath is the SF and Curran is PF. Arkel would need to have a good summer to get his starting job back IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
My guess...

G Sessoms 6'0" (generous)
G Caldwell Jr. 6'3"
G Besselink 6'6"
F Sarr 6'6"
F Anyichie 6'9"

In other news, Dempsey and Co. showing great confidence in their ability to turn this ship around as they offered a kid in the 2022 class.

·
Registered
393 Posts
UVM will probably roll out some jumbo line ups of:

PG- RDUNC 6'6"
SG-EVDUNC 6'7"
SF- Lamb 6'6"
PF- Davis 6'10"
C- Giddens 6'11"
Total inches: 400"

What's the biggest line up that each team may roll out next year?
Love your enthusiasm, but Becker is never going play Lamb-Davis-Giddens at the same time. I wish he could but I highly, highly doubt he will ever shift Lamb over to a 3. Davis and Giddens will definitely see the floor at the same time though.

Also, Moll is not 6'7 and Davis is not 6'10.....you're giving them each an extra inch. Ev might be only 6'6....he's definitely taller (marginally) than Moll though.

Last summer Becker said the '18-'19 squad was the "biggest most athletic" roster he's ever coached. We rarely had anyone over 6'6" on the court.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Love your enthusiasm, but Becker is never going play Lamb-Davis-Giddens at the same time. I wish he could but I highly, highly doubt he will ever shift Lamb over to a 3. Davis and Giddens will definitely see the floor at the same time though.

Also, Moll is not 6'7 and Davis is not 6'10.....you're giving them each an extra inch. Ev might be only 6'6....he's definitely taller (marginally) than Moll though.

Last summer Becker said the '18-'19 squad was the "biggest most athletic" roster he's ever coached. We rarely had anyone over 6'6" on the court.
I was thinking about Lamb at the 3, too. If Davis has an awesome summer, Giddens fits in like a glove, and we're playing a top 25 team; that's the only scenario I could see that happening.

That said Lamb clearly handles himself around the true bigs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
UVM is going to be pretty long next year too!

Guards:
R Duncan- 6'6"
Becket- 6'5" (may RS)

Wings-
Patella- 6'6"
Ev Duncan- 6'7"
Moll- 6'7"

Bigs-
Giddens- 6'11", best "athleticism" UVM has had since Blakely
Lamb- Only 6'6" but was the 2nd best shot blocker in the league behind the SBU guy
Davis- 6'10", not super athletic though (maybe that will change with a healthy offseason?), plays with solid fundamentals

UVM will probably roll out some jumbo line ups of:

PG- RDUNC 6'6"
SG-EVDUNC 6'7"
SF- Lamb 6'6"
PF- Davis 6'10"
C- Giddens 6'11"
Total inches: 400"

Amazing that guys can grow so much between the end of the season and summer practice!

·
Premium Member
32,367 Posts
There’s mid-major big and then there’s “playing Florida State in NCAA Tournament big”. I thought we had solid mid-major size last year, we had plenty for AE conference, but against Florida State we looked downright tiny in comparison, which was amplified by the fact staff couldn’t count on Kpedi at all and Davis for much.

Having massive dudes double and swarm Lamb entire game in FSU case didn’t help.

Giddens should help, but he’s only one guy. We need Davis to take a step forward and Moll to utilize his size/strength more this year.

·
Registered
601 Posts
There’s mid-major big and then there’s “playing Florida State in NCAA Tournament big”. I thought we had solid mid-major size last year, we had plenty for AE conference, but against Florida State we looked downright tiny in comparison, which was amplified by the fact staff couldn’t count on Kpedi at all and Davis for much.

Having massive dudes double and swarm Lamb entire game in FSU case didn’t help.

Giddens should help, but he’s only one guy. We need Davis to take a step forward and Moll to utilize his size/strength more this year.
To be fair almost every team looked small compared to that FSU length last season.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts