Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

621 - 640 of 678 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Yeah, Baltimore. Rogers. 5’3”. Obviously that means it was either one of Shawnta Rogers kids or related.

FWIW, originally committed to GW out of HS, looks like also committed to FGCU and was a 3 star recruit in HS. Had interest from Florida, Middle Tenn State, and New Mexico State out of HS as well.

Likely will make an impact for UMBC.

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
I wonder how his KJ Maura type skills are. Worked pretty well for UMBC the first time around.

Darnell can’t shoot like KJ. It’s not close. But he apparently is good on defense and can make FTs. He could be a solid backup PG.

But, I can’t help but feel we really screwed up this recruiting window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
Yeah, Baltimore. Rogers. 5’3”. Obviously that means it was either one of Shawnta Rogers kids or related.

FWIW, originally committed to GW out of HS, looks like also committed to FGCU and was a 3 star recruit in HS. Had interest from Florida, Middle Tenn State, and New Mexico State out of HS as well.

Likely will make an impact for UMBC.

Shawnta’s son. But he can’t shoot. In JUCO he was a 39/30/78 shooter. That’s not good. Maybe he can do a lot of other things.

But so far, we haven’t replaced Sherburne and I don’t think we are better than last year yet.

Rogers might be better than Rosario as the third PG. Owens was a bit better at W&M than Placer at UMBC at PG.

But Nathan Johnson as a freshman can’t be expected to replace Sherburne.

We still have one rumored commit who hasn’t been confirmed. After that, we have one more scholarship to fill.

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
I don’t mean to crap all over Darnell. I haven’t seen him play. He was highly regarded at one point. I hope we can help him catch that lightning again.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Time will tell about all these new recruits. Every year some of the most highly touted turn out to be less than hoped for and some become big-time contributors. Recruiting is an imperfect business.

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Spoke with someone that played against Eric Beckett at Tilton and said he's really, really, really good. This person also headed D1.

Beckett is not someone that's been getting any discussion, but was promising to hear.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
My confidence in the UVM coaching staff knows no bounds. They have consistently identified excellent prospects. Deloney has overshadowed Beckett a bit because of his media attention, but Beckett certainly deserves our attention. The reloading process is in full swing at UVM and I'm happy to have such a smooth operation.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Albany with another 4 year commitment... This one is a really really good one... Transfer from a good league that was redshirted last year. Should get a waiver.

Albany has put together a hell of a class... How much longer till the season starts? One more big to go! A freak...

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

621 - 640 of 678 Posts