Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

661 - 678 of 678 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
I committed the greatest mistake an American can ever commit and went to law school, so yes, I do daydream a lot about making better life choices as a 17 year old.
For every 10 people I know that went to law school, probably 2.5 are still employed in a job as a "practicing lawyer" today, but 100% of those 2.5 generally loathe the work and wish they had not gone to law school.

That being said, 7.5/10 of those people all have different jobs and are still highly successful in their various fields, whether it's real estate, finance, or consulting, or whatever. For example, I know one lawyer that works at a consulting company specializing in working with companies that need help working with lawyers.

However, one probably has to be in a larger, Urban market to find or create these types of non-law, law background opportunities.

So in my view, going to law school is a valuable skill set that someone is going to be rewarded financially for, one way or the other.

All that being said, personally glad I chose not to attend law school.

·
Registered
405 Posts
For every 10 people I know that went to law school, probably 2.5 are still employed in a job as a "practicing lawyer" today, but 100% of those 2.5 generally loathe the work and wish they had not gone to law school.
Sorry to wreck your 100% rate, but I have been practicing law for almost 26 years, and love my job.

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Sorry to wreck your 100% rate, but I have been practicing law for almost 26 years, and love my job.
Nice! To be fair, not sure you'd qualify as someone I know unless I suppose we do know each other anonymously & virtually ;)

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
6’6” JUCO F Keondre Kennedy (Labette College) signs with UMBC per Verbal Commits. NCAA qualifier so should have three years remaining.

40% from 3pt as a freshman. That’s our last open scholarship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

661 - 678 of 678 Posts