Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Reactions: usslider

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Watts was getting B10 interest.
”I have offers from Miami of Ohio, Toledo and IUPUI,” said Brittain-Watts. ”I’m currently being recruited by Northern Kentucky, Iowa, Purdue and Wisconsin.”
http://bluehqmedia.com/ethan-brittain-watts-continues-shine/

I like his game. It looks like he has a diverse offensive skillset, starting with a nice outside shot. I wonder what his role will be because he appears to be more of a scoring point guard. Maybe a Cheddi Mosely with more ball handling.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Daman seems like he could be a decent late add and he had some decent late offers in Richmond and Gardner-Webb and some good bloodlines with his brother at URI. However his NERR ranking is a little bit of cause for concern for me as there are DII players ranked above him. I guess we will see.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Daman seems like he could be a decent late add and he had some decent late offers in Richmond and Gardner-Webb and some good bloodlines with his brother at URI. However his NERR ranking is a little bit of cause for concern for me as there are DII players ranked above him. I guess we will see.
Were the rankings done before the HS season? If he really underwent a senior year resurgence, I’m sure the rankings would be different now.

Jones has done well to find some decent talent late in the process. Goff, Petcash, I think Harper..? Not superstars, but serviceable players.

BTW - is Jonas Harper on scholarship, or a walk-on? VC has him as walk-on but that doesn’t seem right...

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Were the rankings done before the HS season? If he really underwent a senior year resurgence, I’m sure the rankings would be different now.

Jones has done well to find some decent talent late in the process. Goff, Petcash, I think Harper..? Not superstars, but serviceable players.

BTW - is Jonas Harper on scholarship, or a walk-on? VC has him as walk-on but that doesn’t seem right...
It looks like January 29th, 2019 which was a bit before his offers are listed.

I believe Harper was a walk-on but I imagine he will be placed on scholarship this year as there is still one vacant one left.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
He deserves it, at least from what I saw this season. I thought he had the best year of any of our frosh. Deadly from deep, with some moves to the basket and active on D

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

A few WTBU articles say he is a walk-on. If true, I also think he should be put on scholarship. He deserves it.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I've watched a few of Daman Tate's high school games lately and I'm really looking forward to seeing him play. He reminds me of both Fanning and Hankerson. High-flyer, quick first step, quick hands, and can handle the ball. He plays with his head up and moves the ball too. He does have his faults including inconsistent boxing out, losing his man on defense, and selling out too much on steal attempts. I feel these faults can me fixed with coaching. His jump shot is fine, although I don't know if he is a knockdown shooter yet.

In the video below, Daman scores in different ways: a couple of three pointers, drives to the basketball, and five dunks. I time stamped a part of the game where Daman gets back-to-back dunks with a free throw in between. Number 11 in purple.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
MM, do you remember what Tate’s injury was? I imagine Pascoe and Tate will be getting redshirts for last year.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
MM, do you remember what Tate’s injury was? I imagine Pascoe and Tate will be getting redshirts for last year.
Tate said he had a hip injury. He had surgery in September and should have been cleared for basketball activities in late March, if I remember correctly. That sounds like a significant injury/condition to me, but if Coach Jones specifically said Tate's name in the Zoom call I think everyone is expecting a full recovery.

Pascoe, had surgery in November for his ankle, I think. He seems to be further along in his rehab.

Source of the info is the Facebook interviews Tate and Pascoe conducted with BU Athletics.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts