Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://instagr.am/p/CHYED3JAgWc/
Schedule

Really wild schedule release on the face of it for the 2020 - 2021 Patriot League Conference Schedule.

BU will play:

Holy Cross 6 (!) times
Colgate 4 times
Army 4 times
Lafayette 2 times

No Navy, Loyola, American, Bucknell, or Lehigh.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Yeah this season is going to be bananas. I can't complain too much, it'll be good to see the Terriers on the court in some fashion. Should rack up some wins against HC, and have a few good battles with Colgate at least! I'm still a bit skeptical they'll get the whole season in.

I missed the announcement that fans will not be allowed at games. Too bad -- BU fans have been practicing social distancing at games for years so I thought we'd have an advantage... :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A few months ago I thought it would take a minor miracle to see any college basketball this season, but it looks like it will happen. Still have to get through the unknown of this flu season and college kids being college kids (see Notre Dame/Clemson field storming).

Given that all games appear to be back-to-back days, coaches most likely will utilize their benches and most players should be getting decent playing time. That's a good thing for player development going forward.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think this schedule puts Boston U in the driver's seat for the #1 seed. The two worst teams in the league this year will likely be Holy Cross and Army - teams which BU plays in 63% of their games. I'd expect a record around 14-2 for the regular season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts