Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today the NCAA announced that they will be looking to host the entire tournament at a single site and they are in talks with Indianapolis at the moment. I don't think there is any doubt that if the event is going to happen, it will have to be in this type of a format. If no fans will be allowed, which I assume will be the case, they could most likely put multiple courts in Lucas Oil Stadium. There is a practice floor in the basement of Bankers Life Fieldhouse but not sure it would be suitable. There are many facilities in the area that could accommodate games, such as IUPUI, Butler, U of Indianapolis, etc.

I know this seems like a pipe dream given what UVM athletics did today, but it really feels like this tournament is going to be given every opportunity it get off the ground this year. There's no doubt the NCAA needs it to happen (and the TV revenue) if they are going to keep the doors open.

Article: 2020-21 NCAA Tournament

·
6,068 Posts
Like the NFL, there’s so much TV money here, they can play in empty arenas as long as CBS and Turner wants to and the NCAA won’t lose a dime.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the NFL, there’s so much TV money here, they can play in empty arenas as long as CBS and Turner wants to and the NCAA won’t lose a dime.
I'm sure they will want it. People are going to be home bound over the winter for the most part I would think, plus how many live sporting events will be going on? The NCAA will stop at nothing to make this happen. Viewers will be tuning in for sure, esp given the several tens of thousands that usually go to watch in person at various sites around the country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts