Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Comrade Fox
1,891 Posts
put me in cowards

actually dont because i wear my heart on my sleeve too much, i've had to mute my mic during my games in my online stratomatic baseball league because of it haha

·
Registered
561 Posts
I saw the WCAX piece last week on the women's basketball radio broadcaster, who is actually a woman, from Vermont and how she's one of very few women in the nation doing play by play. Part of me wonders why UVM didn't give her a promotion up to the men's team. Seems a lot more invested in the program than many of its past radio guys have been.
What did Pat Summitt say after she was offered the men's head coaching job? "I don't see how that is a promotion" (or something to that effect).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Whether there is a season or not: redshirting is a luxury at this level. That always bears repeating. Any potential upcoming season is certainly different than any other, but here's something to consider: if these apparent bubbles are being created for non-conference and conference games so teams can play in a single site safely, it's highly unlikely that there would be a regular cadence to any games, meaning that you're looking at a lot of back-to-back setups in non-conference and possible 3 games in 5 days in conference bubble setups. Injuries, fatigue, and all other factors still apply, and would more in this type of environment because there would be less time between games, so coaching staffs have to be very aware of any kind of load management for its active players, and my sense is this will lead to more teams having to utilize larger benches. Especially if there's a full expectation of completing a 30-game season.
Becker has indicted he expects to use the redshirt with. # of guys. He mentioned Robin as one option, given our having four really strong guards (Mazilla is said to be a stud, BTW). Lefebrve is very likely as Becker says he needs to get stronger and my guess is Eric Beckett may sit also. Bigs should be plentiful in Davis, Powell, Demuth, the two transfers and Fiorillo, who apparently has grown. Then there is Bailey. Even with the redshirts, I think we should be pretty deep.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Becker has indicted he expects to use the redshirt with. # of guys. He mentioned Robin as one option, given our having four really strong guards (Mazilla is said to be a stud, BTW). Lefebrve is very likely as Becker says he needs to get stronger and my guess is Eric Beckett may sit also. Bigs should be plentiful in Davis, Powell, Demuth, the two transfers and Fiorillo, who apparently has grown. Then there is Bailey. Even with the redshirts, I think we should be pretty deep.
Expectations vs reality are two very different things. Becker learned that the hard way in a normal season last year. He doesn't even know how or when he's going to play games this season, so to discuss multiple redshirting right now is literal wishful thinking on his, and all of our parts at the moment.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Redshirt decisions don't have to be made until the season is underway. Since we don't know when or if that's going to happen, keeping the options open seems like the best to me.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Maybe Noah will pull a Sinnickson and come to UVM for a 5th year.

Haven't watched him play, his stats suggest he's a defensive, rebounding, big guard. Can never have too many of those on your team!

321 - 330 of 330 Posts