Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Daniel Giddens is playing pro ball in Switzerland: “Giddens scored six points and grabbed 10 rebounds to help Union Neuchâtel to a season-opening win in the Swiss Basketball League, the country's top division.”

I wish him nothing but the best but if he got 6 and 10, I’m guessing that the Swiss Basketball League is a notch below the America East. Still, it’s cool that he’s got an opportunity to keep playing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Vermont has offered a 6-8 Class of 2023 prospect named Taylor Bol Bowen from St. George’s School in Newport, RI. Taylor was born a refugee in Egypt and was adopted by a family in Vermont. He’s getting high-major offers already (Iowa and Rutgers), but he’s also Deng Adiang’s brother.

·
Comrade Fox
1,900 Posts
Daniel Giddens is playing pro ball in Switzerland: “Giddens scored six points and grabbed 10 rebounds to help Union Neuchâtel to a season-opening win in the Swiss Basketball League, the country's top division.”

I wish him nothing but the best but if he got 6 and 10, I’m guessing that the Swiss Basketball League is a notch below the America East. Still, it’s cool that he’s got an opportunity to keep playing.
Did some digging for no reason other than that I've lost control of my life....

His US born teammates played at Marshall, Troy, and App State...rest of the team is a bunch of Swiss dudes I've never heard of. Plays in an arena roughly the size of Patrick, too.

Doing more digging, the top 5 scorers from last season in that league played at Columbus State, Bethune-Cookman, Buffalo, Midwestern State, and some school I've never heard of called Maryville in Ohio.

If that gives you an idea.

That said, it's always cool to see a guy continue his career, and Switzerland is gorgeous so that's some extra bonus points. Team also had minutes at C because James Padgett (former Maryland player), who was the league's best center last year, signed in Israel.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Vermont has offered a 6-8 Class of 2023 prospect named Taylor Bol Bowen from St. George’s School in Newport, RI. Taylor was born a refugee in Egypt and was adopted by a family in Vermont. He’s getting high-major offers already (Iowa and Rutgers), but he’s also Deng Adiang’s brother.
I'm pretty sure they offered him a scholarship over half a year ago. People on here were saying not to jump the gun, but I've been saying for a long time that Taylor is going to be really good.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm pretty sure they offered him a scholarship over half a year ago. People on here were saying not to jump the gun, but I've been saying for a long time that Taylor is going to be really good.
I don't know if he and Deng are biological brothers or adoptive brothers. Perhaps the latter since Taylor is 6-8 and Deng - well, Deng is somewhat shorter than that. The two seem to be close - from what I've read, Taylor says that through Deng, he's developed relationships with Ben Shungu and Kevin Garrison, the other in-staters on the roster. Still, if a guy is getting Big Ten offers based on only his freshman year of play, he's likely to have a lot of appealing options by his senior year.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I don't know if he and Deng are biological brothers or adoptive brothers. Perhaps the latter since Taylor is 6-8 and Deng - well, Deng is somewhat shorter than that. The two seem to be close - from what I've read, Taylor says that through Deng, he's developed relationships with Ben Shungu and Kevin Garrison, the other in-staters on the roster. Still, if a guy is getting Big Ten offers based on only his freshman year of play, he's likely to have a lot of appealing options by his senior year.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong: Taylor and Deng are biological brothers, but were adopted by different families in the area I believe. Taylor actually looks a bit like their older brother Tinga Adiang (who played briefly at St. Lawrence).

Played one year locally at Mt. Mansfield, then one year at St. George's in Rhode Island. Has three to play. Very cool to see him get some big offers, but certainly a long way to go.

341 - 346 of 346 Posts