Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Not to send everyone into a tizzy, but one of the guys who helps do UVM games for ESPN via NSN tested positive and is in quarantine. He's openly documenting it on Facebook (someone sent me a link to it last night)...and WCAX talked to him as well: Is Vermont doing enough coronavirus testing?

I cannot say for sure whether he was at the semifinal game or not. Based on the WCAX article he had to document where he was to the Vermont Health Department, and they had to document the risk, so hopefully, they were thorough. We're 8 days past that game...symptoms can appear on day 10 and you can be asymptomatic until then, so just be careful out there everyone.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Roster, as of 3/21...

*SENIORS
Bailey Patella
Ben Shungu
Stef Smith

*JUNIORS
Ryan Davis
Duncan Demuth
Robin Duncan
Justin Mazzulla (season start date, and exact year of eligibility TBD)
Tomas Murphy (presumed, based on injury redshirt this season)
Isaiah Powell
Kevin Garrison (walk-on)

*SOPHOMORES
Eric Beckett
Aaron Deloney
Deng Adiang (walk-on)

*FRESHMEN
Georges Lefebvre
Nick Fiorillo (walk-on)

One scholarship left on the table (presumably).

·
Registered
311 Posts
With the transfer of Tomas Murphy from Northeastern, where does this put Davis? Murphy is 6' 8", was a 3-4 star recruit, top ranked PF/C, highly athletic, great post moves, and can shoot the 3 as well.

Seems like Murphy is an upgrade over what Davis can provide. Solid 10ppg, 3reb, 1.5 ast with crazy good efficiency. Davis stays as a UVM's valued 6th man? Looks like Billy Donovan was scouting him in his sophomore year. Yuge get for the cats.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
I think he probably starts along side him. Murphy being the 4 to Davis' 5.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Looks like another excellent get by UVM. He and Davis can own the AE inside while being outside threats. Smith, Shungu, Deloney, RoD can own the AE outside while being inside threats. Patella will make the AE tear its hair out all over the court. And, there will be plenty of other bench support (Powell, Demuth, Fiorillo, Garrison, Adiang, etc.). The competition of minutes will be intense.

Now I can go back to worrying about Covid-19.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
Looks like another excellent get by UVM. He and Davis can own the AE inside while being outside threats. Smith, Shungu, Deloney, RoD can own the AE outside while being inside threats. Patella will make the AE tear its hair out all over the court. And, there will be plenty of other bench support (Powell, Demuth, Fiorillo, Garrison, Adiang, etc.). The competition of minutes will be intense.

Now I can go back to worrying about Covid-19.
You mean your not locked in a bunker talking to a face you drew on to a basketball?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I only substribe to the Free Press during hoops season and my subscription has expired. So what's the deal with Murphy's eligibility? I saw a tweet about him having two years left, but I think he's already played three at NU.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
Oh no, no. I have a periscope so that I can be fully in contact with the world around me.
Living on the edge.....wait...How do you clean the lens?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I only substribe to the Free Press during hoops season and my subscription has expired. So what's the deal with Murphy's eligibility? I saw a tweet about him having two years left, but I think he's already played three at NU.
Still waiting for confirmation but he only played 4 games this year due to injury so the thought is that he'd get a medical redshirt for this year.

·
Registered
166 Posts
OK, I see now that he only played four games this year due to injury. Has he gotten a redshirt year?

·
U of AZ 72
51 Posts
That's what I thought and also wondered about Powell and whether he will stay.
Thought that UVM wouldn't be favored next year but after the Murphy transfer , his success already and the films of him it makes it a lot more likely they will be among the cream of the crop. They also have another scholly. Pleasant turn of events!! Assume they will be looking for a 3 who can shoot the 3.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's what I thought and also wondered about Powell and whether he will stay.
There are a lot of scholarships tied to that class right now. I wouldn't be surprised if someone left just based on that. I have no inside information or any clue as to if anyone is actually considering leaving.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Powell played reasonable minutes this season and is one injury away from starting. He would have to move to a significantly worse team to guarantee getting a starting role, and that team most probably won't be going to the NCAA tourney. He's a smart guy so I don't see him making that mistake.

21 - 40 of 160 Posts