Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

161 - 180 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
If picking one from each column, I'm going PG - Stef Smith, SG - Dre Wills, SF - Anthony Lamb, PF Clancy Rugg and C - Taylor Coppenrath

·
Registered
671 Posts
If picking one from each column, I'm going PG - Stef Smith, SG - Dre Wills, SF - Anthony Lamb, PF Clancy Rugg and C - Taylor Coppenrath
That's not the exercise though. You could pick one from each row and that would equal $15...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I'm going with guys I saw play:
Lamb, TBH, Steidl, Stef and Henson, and with the extra buck, have Dre off the bench

Henson for $1 is a bargain. He was really solid and versatile.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Tough not to spend the first ten bucks on Coppenrath and Lamb. With the remaining five bucks, I’d take Steidl and Stef for shooting and round it out with David Hehn as pure pass-first point. Plus all five good to very good defensively. Dre Wills is a good value at a buck, was hard to pass on that.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Lamb, Coppenrath, Smith, Steidl, Henson. I think I'll win a lot. I even think the entire $3 team would win the league. Pretty lucky as fans that there's been that much talent coming through here in the last 20 years.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Depending on how Smith's senior year goes will determine what his legacy here is. If he has a great year he jump up a dollar or two on this list.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The relentless consistency of Vermont basketball

Haven't read the whole interview yet, fairly lengthy, and at times redundant information for those of us who follow the program closely but quite well-written.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The relentless consistency of Vermont basketball

Haven't read the whole interview yet, fairly lengthy, and at times redundant information for those of us who follow the program closely but quite well-written.
Becker is quoted as saying about Lamb “He’s only 6’5”, maybe 6’6” on a good day, but he has a 6’11” standing reach . . .” Obviously, Anthony can reach more than six inches above his head, so the Coach must have meant that he has a 6’11” wingspan. If so, that could be a real difference maker for his NBA prospects since he’s otherwise a tweener.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Becker is quoted as saying about Lamb “He’s only 6’5”, maybe 6’6” on a good day, but he has a 6’11” standing reach . . .” Obviously, Anthony can reach more than six inches above his head, so the Coach must have meant that he has a 6’11” wingspan. If so, that could be a real difference maker for his NBA prospects since he’s otherwise a tweener.
One of the reasons he’s such a good shot blocker. That, and excellent technique. There have been so many times where a guy has been going at Lamb 1 on 1 either in the half court or on a fast break and I’m sitting there wondering, “What is this dude thinking?”. It almost always ends poorly for the other guy. That said, I still don’t see him as an NBA guy. Just too many freaky athletes at that level.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
One of the reasons he’s such a good shot blocker. That, and excellent technique.
In an era where everything is measurably, Lamb's "Shots Blocked as Primary Defender" percentage must be off the charts. I'm exaggerating, but anyone can be a long-armed 6-10, fly in from the weak side, and swat some poor guard on a drive who never saw it coming. What Lamb did for 4 years, rejecting so many shots 1-on-1 practically from the point of release, was so impressive. That's a skilled effort.

·
Registered
191 Posts
One of the reasons he’s such a good shot blocker. That, and excellent technique. There have been so many times where a guy has been going at Lamb 1 on 1 either in the half court or on a fast break and I’m sitting there wondering, “What is this dude thinking?”. It almost always ends poorly for the other guy. That said, I still don’t see him as an NBA guy. Just too many freaky athletes at that level.
I'd like to see him in the NBA, but a significant career as a star in Europe, living as a 20-something with means who's visiting all the top cities on the continent, has got to be one heck of a great lifestyle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure where to post this, but I created blog/website about all things UVM basketball called From The Parking Lot. I just have a few pieces of content up right now around some of the recent recruitment offers and incoming transfers. My hope is to continue to keep adding more whenever I can. Give a read, tell me what you think and if you like it, please share with your friends! Thanks guys!

Here it is again.... check it out! From The Parking Lot

161 - 180 of 306 Posts