Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I just typed that number...

Offers so far per Verbal Commits:

Albany Great Danes
  • Jayden Stone - 6'3" SG - Already a 4-Star Recruit
  • Shane O'Dell - 6'4" SG - Local Kid
Binghamton Bearcats
  • None Listed Yet
Hartford Hawks
  • Tyler Kolek - 6'1" - PG - Wasn't he a 1st round pick by the Marlins? (I know it's a different guy)
  • Cairo McCrory - 6'5" - SG
  • Will Soucie - 6'5" - SF
Maine Black Bears
  • None Listed Yet
New Hampshire Wildcats
  • Will Soucie - 6'5" - SF
Stony Brook Seawolves
  • 5,676,132 names on their offer page with 2 stars
  • Dominiq Penn - 5'11" - PG - 3 Stars
  • Posh Alexander - 6'2" - PG - 3 Stars
UMBC Retrievers
  • None Listed Yet
UMass Lowell Riverhawks
  • Bol Akot - 6'2" - PG
Vermont Catamounts
  • None Listed yet
What does this say about the coaching staffs in the league? SBU feels solid in their direction? Hartford and Albany feel pretty good. UVM, UML, UMBC, Bing, and Maine all have coaches that are worried about staying where they are and don't want to put too many offers out there? Either losing a job or moving up elsewhere?

Anyway, I guessed it was time to start this thread.

Stone is a reach for UA, but I am guessing it is the Australian background.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't typically follow recruiting as much, but I did see on Twitter that Reece Brown (capital district native) has offers from Stony Brook and Vermont.

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure why I didn't include him in the original post - unless it was gone from Verbal Commits then was just brought back...

... but 3 Star Recruit Noah Hutchins has offers from Albany and SBU along with a bunch of other schools including Wake Forest, Yale, Buffalo, and Temple among many others.

·
Premium Member
32,325 Posts
Saw Boston University offered 2020 Kam Farris from Vermont/Tabor Academy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure why I didn't include him in the original post - unless it was gone from Verbal Commits then was just brought back...

... but 3 Star Recruit Noah Hutchins has offers from Albany and SBU along with a bunch of other schools including Wake Forest, Yale, Buffalo, and Temple among many others.
He opted to reclass to 2020.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks first to the Tarrants first for continuing to support the University Community. As well as their contributions to St. Michaels, the Burlington Community and the State of Vermont.

The news we received last night about the new Arena, is going to make recruiting easier.
The Coaches are now going to be able to promote the New Arena and Facilities.
Looks like all the players from the Sophomores down to the newest recruits will be
around to play there.

Go Cats.

·
Premium Member
32,325 Posts
So the Tarrant gift officially changes the game in terms of being able to actually pitch the new arena.

Unleash the Cieplicki & Tibbs!!!!

An interesting wrinkle in this entire timeline is what Becker chooses to do when Lamb plays his final game in a UVM uni. But, will cross that bridge when that day comes and enjoy one game at a time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not sure how many saw this as part of his tweets. He was there the weekend of the Northeastern game.

"@VTAcademyHoops
Dec 16
More
Jake Cook ‘20 [ @jakeCook23 ] unofficially visited @uvmvermont this weekend. The Catamounts have offered the 6’10” Forward from Albany, New York."

Hope this is good news for our 2020 class. Still can make an official visit.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not sure how many saw this as part of his tweets. He was there the weekend of the Northeastern game.

"@VTAcademyHoops
Dec 16
More
Jake Cook ‘20 [ @jakeCook23 ] unofficially visited @uvmvermont this weekend. The Catamounts have offered the 6’10” Forward from Albany, New York."

Hope this is good news for our 2020 class. Still can make an official visit.
I had no idea Jake Cook was at VA, though I remember he reclassified to 2020....hope that means good things. Super lanky kid, huge wingspan. Hopefully he’ll take the extra year of HS to put some meat on the bones.

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting that Albany hasn't offered him. At least according to Verbal commits. They do not know about every offer, so one could have been made.

VC has him listed as a 4-star recruit. Apparently Siena offered him but the offer was removed when Patsos left. Would be a great get for UVM (or UA/Siena for that matter). Maybe Moll and Lamb will help you get him.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts