Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

301 - 320 of 357 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
Another Canadian big man with only mid major offers, most notably Boston U. Has or will visit there according to twitter. Has Ivy League grades according to North pole hoops.

Yes I'm bored...so what.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
Another Canadian big man with only mid major offers, most notably Boston U. Has or will visit there according to twitter. Has Ivy League grades according to North pole hoops.

Yes I'm bored...so what.
Just found this as well on North Pole Hoops.

9. Louth-Mohamed Coulibaly

IVY League grades, check. Motivation level, check. Skill and strength for position, check. Louth-Mohamed Coulibaly checks all the boxes and will be ready to produce at the next level when his time comes. This year he suits up for one of the Nation’s premier prep basketball programs in Canada Topflight Academy in Ottawa.

The stone cold look on his face shows his composure. He is a soldier on the hardwood and does not take opportunity for granted. At 6’8 he is the type to bruise you down low then step out and shoot the mid range or attack all the way off the rip and punch it.

Delaware State and Youngstown State are the two most active in recruiting him as Boston U received a commitment already, taken them off the board. This will be Louth’s one and only prep school season and will be the one that’s sure to make his recruitment explode.

Definition of a sleeper.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
And another Canadian kid. 6'5 shooter with good athleticism.

I can think of at least one AE team who could use some shooting and athleticism at SF next year.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
The NCAA by-law in question is...

Before the signing of a prospective student-athlete to a National Letter of Intent or an institution's written offer of admission and/or financial aid or before the institution receives his or her financial deposit in response to its offer of admission, a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete. The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete's ability or the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete committing to or signing with that institution.

So while he hasn't signed a NLI, it's possible he has signed some other type of documentation that binds him to the university. Otherwise...yeah, that's a weird release.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
The timing and release is odd. A little of the backstory....

His AAU team Blue Wave Basketball tweeted on April 28, 2019 that he had been offered and committed to Maine. Bickford retweeted this on the same day.

Flash forward to Nov 2, 2019....Blue Wave Basketball tweeted that he was on an OV to Maine. Bickford retweeted this as well.

This is when everyone totally expected Bickford to sign during the Nov. signing period. Randell Wiel was the only signing announced by Maine.

There had been some speculation that Bickford may have held off because FCS football programs had some interest in recruiting him for that sport. Football signing day just passed.

Now this announcement. While that may account for the odd timing I do agree that it is weird that a school would announce a commitment without an actual signing. Why didn't they just wait until the spring signing period (April 15 - May 20, 2020)?

I'll let you Vermont fans worry about any possible NCAA violations......which I'm sure one of you has already reported. ;)

·
Premium Member
32,928 Posts
The real issue at hand is whether Maine reported the appropriate disclosures if Bickford did or not apply cream cheese to his bagel during his visit.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts

Elias Sbiet

@Elias_NPH

·
4h

D1 America East program, Maine will have 3 coaches

✈

out in New Brunswick to see stud PG Kellen Tynes from the

🇨🇦

2020 class. Very serious about what they saw and know on Tynes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Somebody is gonna get a steal in 6'2 G Emmanuel Bonsu, who happens to play alongside Georges Lefebvre.
Surprisingly low D1 interest so far.
What I read from last month said that he can hold his own with any of the 2020 PGs in NC, but his only offer so far is from American. He apparently can get physical with a solid frame. He's from Montreal and was friends with Lefebvre before they both left to do their last three years of HS in NC. UVM has two scholarships left in this cycle and since they scouted Lefebvre, they surely know about Bonsu. That suggests to me that Becker is hoping to pull in some transfer help, but I hope they're talking to Bonsu regardless.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,511 Posts
Has picked up several low-major offers lately. Averages ~20ppg and shoots over 40% from long range at Garden City right now.
I would've thought they'd be looking at someone with a little more size. 3pt shooting is certainly an area of need though.

301 - 320 of 357 Posts