Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
UVM had a recruit at the Albany game yesterday. I don't know for sure who it was, but based on some Google image searches and some educated guessing, I think it might have been Shane O'Dell, a 6-4 guard from Schenectady. Coach Tibbs was showing him around; plays for Albany City Rocks, and per Verbal Commits has an offer from Albany.

·
Premium Member
32,317 Posts
4/29/2019 - Maine 2020 SF Leyton Bickford (6-6, 205, 2★)
has joined the Black Bears as a non-scholarship player.
That might be a first- why would a HS Junior ever commit to be a walk-on prior to their senior year?

·
Registered
14 Posts
UVM Hoopcat

I thought that was very strange also. I contacted a member of the Maine MBB staff and he said that was fake news.

Leyton Bickford will be a scholarship player at Maine.

·
Premium Member
32,317 Posts
UVM Hoopcat

I thought that was very strange also. I contacted a member of the Maine MBB staff and he said that was fake news.

Leyton Bickford will be a scholarship player at Maine.
Got it- that reconciles a bit more. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Everyone wants to be the first with "breaking news", so often times it isn't accurate.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
https://twitter.com/andrew_welage24/status/1124436079724191751?s=21

One of the top juniors in Indiana. Averaged 15/6/4 as a tall (6’6”) guard/wing this season.

In a few years we could realistically have a starting backcourt of two 6’6” guys!
Vermont is his first DI offer? Seems strange that a top junior in Indiana wouldn't already have offers from in-state schools like Ball State, IUPUI, Evansville or MAC schools like Ohio, Miami (OH), Kent State, etc.

·
Premium Member
32,317 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone know how UVM stands with 2020 big men Jake Cook (VT Academy) and Reece Brown (Loomis Chaffee)?

For Cook, it looks like UVM and Siena are his only offers.

As for Brown, looks like he picked up an offer from our old buddies at Rutgers. In this article it says that he's kept in touch with UVM, Yale, and Ohio.

Coincidentally, it looks like they're both on the same AAU team, Albany City Rocks, which we seem to have a great connection with (Tibbs, Lamb, Moll).

21 - 40 of 277 Posts