Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
nerrhoops's profile picture
nerrhoops

Williston Northampton & Blue Wave forward Wol Maiwen has committed to Maine

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
A 6'7 3/4 qualifier with 3 years to play.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
CSI Men’s Basketball

@CSI_MBB

AVAILABLE CENTER

Nehemie Kabeya, 6-10 C College of Southern Idaho

2 Yrs of Eligibility

ELITE Post Defender

ELITE Rebounder

ELITE Rim Protector

RELENTLESS Worker

3rd in Region in Rebounds (7.4 rpg)

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
6'8 Canadian 4/5

Reminds me of a little of Sam Dingba. Athletic, but raw offensively.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
This might allow a few quality players to fall through the cracks and make their way to AE.
Could also mean some AE level recruits don’t get noticed and go D2/D3. It’s going to be a strange couple years with the fallout of this. Usually UVM has done more recruiting before this time, unfortunately the year we didn’t the uncertainty is going to go way up.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
As I mentioned in my text, I'm a little concerned that this was his first D1 offer and that previously he had only been getting looks from D3. That's not to say he can't ball at this level. But I would really like to see us land someone that is expected to be a strong freshman. We desperately need shooters too. Even with Arkel and Darnell coming back, we really cannot be a points-in-the-paint team in the era of 3-pointers. It just puts us too reliant upon free throws, which we absolute suck at as a team.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
WaPo: College basketball recruiting has been hit hard by coronavirus cancellations and NCAA restrictions

Not sure if this is behind their paywall, sorry. A few excerpts:
Many players outside the relatively small group of top-level recruits who have already established their game on a national scale are losing a final chance to prove themselves. College coaches are not only losing the ability to evaluate recruits in person during those games, but they can also no longer host recruits on campus or make in-house visits. On Friday, the NCAA’s Division I Council Coordination Committee banned in-person recruiting for coaches and suspended official and unofficial campus visits for recruits until at least April 15.
. . .
Coaches looking to plug holes in their rosters with transfers are also in a jam without being able to show players around their campuses. Daniels estimates there are around 300 transfer players on the men’s basketball market alone right now, many of whom may be choosing their next schools based solely on relationships they have made over the phone, unless they wait until late May or early June to take visits.
. . .
Daniels does see a silver lining: He thinks this could be mid-major programs’ time to shine.
“It really gives some of the mid-major schools, lower-level high-major schools, low-major schools, an advantage if they have a long-standing relationship with a kid they’ve been on for a while and really hope that the blue bloods don’t see them,” he said. “It’s going to give them an opportunity to steal a kid or two.”

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
This is really going to throw recruiting into a tizzy. The coaches and staffs with strong ties and good relationships with AAU, JUCO, etc will benefit.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Quinton was a teammate of Spasojevic at East Carolina. Played at the same JUCO as AJ Hicks of Albany (not together).

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
2 kids from the same Juco (Snow College)

6-9 post player

6-6 3/4

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
No AE connection that I'm aware of. I just liked what I saw in the vids. Both play on the same team so one stop shopping for recruiters in the time of the corona virus.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
A 6'7 3/4 qualifier with 3 years to play.

Board won't let me edit this post. Here's some more details

West Coast Elite

@wceua

·
5h

6’7” F Jalen Townsell - Arizona Western CC had a tremendous season after transferring from Nevada as a redshirt freshman Averaged 13 PPG & 5 RPG Townsell, an elite athlete, is a mismatch problem that is eligible right away with a 3.6 GPA

401 - 420 of 482 Posts