Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

441 - 460 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Lowell got a transfer from Wagner - 6'7" F Darion Jordan-Thomas. Averaged 4.6/4.0 as a freshman shooting 61% from the floor. Seems like a big rather than anything else. Had a few solid games including 16/9 against FDU in late January. Should be able to contribute after sitting out.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts

Verbal Commits

2020 Pratt CC (KS) G Jamel Horton has received an offer from Stony Brook.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
I was browsing the Northpole hoops twitter and stumbled on some video of this kid. He doesn't have any listed offers on Verbal Commits, but looks like he could play at this level.

It might be a good idea for some AE schools to check out London Basketball Academy. I know UVM has had some pretty good luck with kids from Ontario.

Tariq Sbiet

@Tariq_NPH

Montana State, New Hampshire, Bryant, Queens, Stonybrook, Radford, St Michael's, Dalhousie- programs after uncommitted 6'8 skilled forward Michael Matas. Most important to consider-maybe BEST intangibles in the country in my opinion "Coach,what do I gotta work on to improve?"

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tariq Sbiet
@Tariq_NPH

Montana State, New Hampshire, Bryant, Queens, Stonybrook, Radford, St Michael's, Dalhousie- programs after uncommitted 6'8 skilled forward Michael Matas. Most important to consider-maybe BEST intangibles in the country in my opinion "Coach,what do I gotta work on to improve?"
More moves and assertiveness than we saw all year from Duncan Demuth.who's the same size.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
A couple of guys who I know were AE targets at one point are off the board in the last hour.

Jalen Leach (Tilton School) is headed to Fairfield.

Jayson Woodrich (Scotland Campus PA) is headed to Cleveland State.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts
6'6 high level shooter. This is an impressive highlight package. Previously played at Northern Illinois. Holds offers from Canisius, IPFW, Cal state Fullerton, and Loyola Marymount.

WindyCityBasketball

@WndyCtyBsktball

·
Mar 16

Mid To High Major Programs Looking For a High Level Shooter with size! 6'6" F Austin Richie Triton College via NIU ☆ Region IV Player of the Year ☆16.3ppg ☆ 5rpg ☆ 2apg ☆ 2spg ☆120 Made Threes (2nd in the Nation) ☆ Slash 51%/45%/85%
@JUCOadvocate

@AustinRichieee

Sign me up.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
So, If he is a "grad transfer," he must only have one year of eligibility, no? Especially, after two years at JUCO and one at NAU. However, VC has him as a junior. Which is it?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
So, If he is a "grad transfer," he must only have one year of eligibility, no? Especially, after two years at JUCO and one at NAU. However, VC has him as a junior. Which is it?
I wondered the same thing. Does the NCAA allow kids to play 4 years total? How does that work?

I was also wondering if Mazzulla will have to sit out until January considering he was a mid-season transfer. This was probably already answered.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Two at a JUCO and one at NAU is three years so Andre would have a fourth left.
I would think Mazzulla would sit until January.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Andre redshirted during the 2016-17 season at D2 in NY per the Burlington Free Press article before going to the junior college, where he was able to repeat his freshman year since he never played a game, then his sophomore and junior seasons at Northern Arizona, and now his final season of eligibility at UVM.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Andre is no banger so maybe the coaches will be be more run-and-gun next season. He shoots OK and rebounds OK+. The stats don't tell much about defense. In UVM coaches we trust.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think it would be fun to see a little more up tempo action. This should be a fairly athletic team with some guys who like to push the pace and can slash.

441 - 460 of 482 Posts