Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

461 - 480 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Albany beats out SBU and UMBC for Horton...Glaring issue of the bat is 40% from the field. But shot 33% from 3...doing some research it appears was asked to do everything and took some bad shots due to lack of talent around him. We'll see how it translates. Like the athleticism and physicality.

·
UMBC fan
3,889 Posts
Albany beats out SBU and UMBC for Horton...Glaring issue of the bat is 40% from the field. But shot 33% from 3...doing some research it appears was asked to do everything and took some bad shots due to lack of talent around him. We'll see how it translates. Like the athleticism and physicality.

He reminds of taller KJ Jackson a bit offensively, which initially worried me when seeing we had sent him an offer. Jackson's strengths were in his athleticism and defensive prowess, and I think Horton seems like a player who will need to rely on those strengths as well to show he's a valuable piece. However, I don't think it's a bad pick-up at all, as even though he was a bit of a volume scorer on a mediocre team, it's always good to have a guy who can get you a bucket at any given time. He has also has some decent size for the guard spot.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
He reminds of taller KJ Jackson a bit offensively, which initially worried me when seeing we had sent him an offer. Jackson's strengths were in his athleticism and defensive prowess, and I think Horton seems like a player who will need to rely on those strengths as well to show he's a valuable piece. However, I don't think it's a bad pick-up at all, as even though he was a bit of a volume scorer on a mediocre team, it's always good to have a guy who can get you a bucket at any given time. He has also has some decent size for the guard spot.
Albany needs someone that can create a shot and get to the rim. With Clark gone, who else left could do that. If nothing else perhaps this guy can attack the rim all night. Having a positive a/to is also something that jump off the page to me but Horton will have to watch that as well. Clark would go out and get you 5ast but also give you 6 or 7 turnovers like it was nothing.

I know the though process is that with a bit more shooters around him with guys like Healy it will open up some driving lanes for him to finish at the rim. With some talent around him the thought is he'll be a bit more efficient with his shot. He'll never be Healy in terms of stroke.

I've been around long enough to know JUCO's many times take a long time to acclimate. We'll see what gives Brown.

·
UMBC fan
3,889 Posts
Albany needs someone that can create a shot and get to the rim. With Clark gone, who else left could do that. If nothing else perhaps this guy can attack the rim all night. Having a positive a/to is also something that jump off the page to me but Horton will have to watch that as well. Clark would go out and get you 5ast but also give you 6 or 7 turnovers like it was nothing.

I know the though process is that with a bit more shooters around him with guys like Healy it will open up some driving lanes for him to finish at the rim. With some talent around him the thought is he'll be a bit more efficient with his shot. He'll never be Healy in terms of stroke.

I've been around long enough to know JUCO's many times take a long time to acclimate. We'll see what gives Brown.
I am less optimistic about UMBC’s recruiting plans with this commitment today, however, as offering someone at the 11th hour tells me they are not feeling that comfortable.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
W

I am less optimistic about UMBC’s recruiting plans with this commitment today, however, as offering someone at the 11th hour tells me they are not feeling that comfortable.
They came in late, not sure what that means for UMBC, perhaps that other things have fell through.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
UMBC offered DII grad transfer Romeao Ferguson from Belmont Abbey. Holds offers from offers from Lipscomb, Coastal Carolina, Citadel, UMBC, and Mount St. Mary's for 2020-21.

Shot 45% from 3pt (55 makes) and 74% from the FT line in 30 games at Belmont.

·
UMBC fan
3,889 Posts
UMBC offered DII grad transfer Romeao Ferguson from Belmont Abbey. Holds offers from offers from Lipscomb, Coastal Carolina, Citadel, UMBC, and Mount St. Mary's for 2020-21.

Shot 45% from 3pt (55 makes) and 74% from the FT line in 30 games at Belmont.
Would be a real nice get, but will be tough.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Two at a JUCO and one at NAU is three years so Andre would have a fourth left.
I would think Mazzulla would sit until January.
The fall exam period at UVM ends on Dec. 18 this year, so Mazzulla may become eligible as of that date. This past season, Vermont played three games between Dec. 18 and the start of January.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,713 Posts
Apparently UMBC and UA are back to competing for the same prospect.

Verbal Commits

Albany has offered former Belmont Abbey (DII) G Romeao Ferguson (RS JR). Grad transfer w/one year to play. https://t.co/82YGIyTLWA

461 - 480 of 542 Posts